Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 17th, 2025

hey guys, so i was thinking of like gathering a small group of people who are struggling with the same (myself included) and like hold each other accountible, if that makes sense? as of now i only understand porn addiction, tbh so this might be a little bit of a narrow spectrum. but if you're interested please reply to this post so that i can tag you in the next one! 

it'll be on 7cups only, dont worry. and i dont have any leadership roles or anything, so this is nothing official, just another addict trying to recover basically. and yeah, just a group of friends motivating each other, i think. so if you find this post and know more people, then do let them know about this!! 

the basic idea i have for this is - there will be two separate posts. first post will be for everyday logging (or at least as often as you find the time) so you reply once, with 'day 1 successful' or something and then reply to yourself to add the following days (we cant have sperate replies every single time cause that'll push the newer replies to the back / onto the next page) if you break the chain, you can simply say 'today was hard and ill be back on track tomorrow' or something? so this post will be like a very strict logbook kinda deal. 

the second post will be for normal and casual chatting and specifically for when the urges hit. you can just log in and post something about the urges perhaps and if anyone's online they could keep you company for a bit to help you with them (this works cause any post with a reply will pop up to the top of the community page so you need to check it whenever it's there in case someone needs company) you can also share your struggles in one place, let people know how / why this became a problem and about all the measures you've taken for it, something like that, so it's more in one place and has more accessibility, basically. 

that's all i've got for now, if anyone's interested, please do let me know!! 

58
User Profile: Meyinsky18
Meyinsky18 May 29th, 2025

Hey I'm interested

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP May 30th, 2025

hello, its good to have you on board!! these are the links - 

log in post : porn addiction recovery (log in) - Discussion | 7 Cups

discussion post : porn addiction recovery (discussion) - Discussion | 7 Cups

and do go through the post a bit carefully and please join us in the discussion post, we would love to talk to you!!

load more
User Profile: Qaed
Qaed June 2nd, 2025

I am really interested in this is there a group of there is I would love to be invited

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 June 3rd, 2025

Hey welcome. Ya your invited! Click the links just above to join our discussion page, and if you find it helpful the log in page keeps track abstinence of pornography days to help us be accountable. Totally optional. What can we help you with?

load more
User Profile: sociablePrune6300
sociablePrune6300 June 5th, 2025

Buddy I can help you with some information I have gathered for this journey that may help you

User Profile: sociablePrune6300
sociablePrune6300 June 5th, 2025

Buddy I can help you with some information I have gathered for this journey that may help you

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@sociablePrune6300 i apologise, i know it's been a year but im not very active on here. if youre still active, i would love to hear about your experiences!

load more
User Profile: patientWalker1658
patientWalker1658 June 28th, 2025

Day one successful

User Profile: patientApricot3390
patientApricot3390 August 21st, 2025

I'm interested

User Profile: patientApricot3390
patientApricot3390 August 21st, 2025

I'm interested

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@patientApricot3390 extremely sorry for the delay, please find the linked posts in the comments!

load more
User Profile: Adrianorie
Adrianorie September 10th, 2025

I'm interested

User Profile: Adrianorie
Adrianorie September 10th, 2025

I'm interested

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@Adrianorie super sorry for the delay! the posts are linked in the comments!

load more

loved your idea… and I want to be honest now.

I’ve been addicted to porn for the past five years. I keep *** and no matter how hard I try I can’t control myself. Every time I promise God I’ll stop I fail again. I beg… I really beg for help but nothing changes.

Because of this I’ve started hating myself.

This habit has slowly destroyed me. It ruined the person I used to be.

I was once confident, passionate fearless. I never accepted defeat. I truly believed I could achieve anything in this world. I felt powerful inside alive.

Now… I feel empty.

I don’t feel that fire anymore. I don’t feel strong. I don’t even feel like myself. I’m scared of things that never scared me before. I doubt myself in everything. I wake up demotivated and fall asleep disappointed in myself.

Sometimes I look at my life and feel like it’s all become a joke.

All of this happened because I couldn’t control myself.

That thought hurts the most.

I’m exhausted from fighting myself every day. I’m tired of feeling weak, guilty, and broken. I just want that spark back the version of me who believed in himself, who felt alive, who wasn’t ashamed of his own reflection.

I don’t want to live like this anymore.

Please… someone help me.

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@sensibleJackfruit6593 hello. you've taken a huge step already, putting your thoughts into words and accepting your weakness. please join us in our posts, we will get over this together, let's keep each other accountable, okay?

load more