Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 17th, 2025

hey guys, so i was thinking of like gathering a small group of people who are struggling with the same (myself included) and like hold each other accountible, if that makes sense? as of now i only understand porn addiction, tbh so this might be a little bit of a narrow spectrum. but if you're interested please reply to this post so that i can tag you in the next one! 

it'll be on 7cups only, dont worry. and i dont have any leadership roles or anything, so this is nothing official, just another addict trying to recover basically. and yeah, just a group of friends motivating each other, i think. so if you find this post and know more people, then do let them know about this!! 

the basic idea i have for this is - there will be two separate posts. first post will be for everyday logging (or at least as often as you find the time) so you reply once, with 'day 1 successful' or something and then reply to yourself to add the following days (we cant have sperate replies every single time cause that'll push the newer replies to the back / onto the next page) if you break the chain, you can simply say 'today was hard and ill be back on track tomorrow' or something? so this post will be like a very strict logbook kinda deal. 

the second post will be for normal and casual chatting and specifically for when the urges hit. you can just log in and post something about the urges perhaps and if anyone's online they could keep you company for a bit to help you with them (this works cause any post with a reply will pop up to the top of the community page so you need to check it whenever it's there in case someone needs company) you can also share your struggles in one place, let people know how / why this became a problem and about all the measures you've taken for it, something like that, so it's more in one place and has more accessibility, basically. 

that's all i've got for now, if anyone's interested, please do let me know!! 

58

loved your idea… and I want to be honest now.

I’ve been addicted to porn for the past five years. I keep *** and no matter how hard I try I can’t control myself. Every time I promise God I’ll stop I fail again. I beg… I really beg for help but nothing changes.

Because of this I’ve started hating myself.

This habit has slowly destroyed me. It ruined the person I used to be.

I was once confident, passionate fearless. I never accepted defeat. I truly believed I could achieve anything in this world. I felt powerful inside alive.

Now… I feel empty.

I don’t feel that fire anymore. I don’t feel strong. I don’t even feel like myself. I’m scared of things that never scared me before. I doubt myself in everything. I wake up demotivated and fall asleep disappointed in myself.

Sometimes I look at my life and feel like it’s all become a joke.

All of this happened because I couldn’t control myself.

That thought hurts the most.

I’m exhausted from fighting myself every day. I’m tired of feeling weak, guilty, and broken. I just want that spark back the version of me who believed in himself, who felt alive, who wasn’t ashamed of his own reflection.

I don’t want to live like this anymore.

Please… someone help me.

User Profile: exuberantJar9870
exuberantJar9870 February 11th

I'm interested

User Profile: Tyrone89
Tyrone89 February 11th

I'd like to be involved. Struggled with it for 20 years or more. Admitted my struggle to those taking the lead in my church and accepted the discipline related to it. Spoke to my wife about it and dealing with the judgement and disgust. Been clean for a little over 2 months. I struggle with nightmares about relapsing. Deleted all triggers and social media and switched to reading books instead of tv. Its difficult because im having marriage issues and trying to change. My wife is ready to walk away. Not having intimacy and that form of release is hard but ive managed to keep away from it!

2 replies

@Tyrone89

Hi glad to see that you share ur experience it takes lot of courage to speak that in community, so what is ur position now I mean are u able to control ur desires after joining to this community. 

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@Tyrone89 you're such a brave person, keep it up! we can overcome this as a team!

load more

@northernlights101

Hi I m Interested in this. 

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@optimisticPear4753 super sorry for the delay, please check out the posts linked in the comments!! the community is active!

load more
User Profile: restlessknight
restlessknight March 10th

i know im late but please let me in on this im losing my life to this addiction its horrible

User Profile: restlessknight
restlessknight March 10th

i know im late but please let me in on this im losing my life to this addiction its horrible

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@restlessknight hey, please check out the links added to the comments, the community is still active! and don't worry, you're never late, this is your life. we can do this. 

load more
User Profile: rewxrie1
rewxrie1 March 10th

Hi, I want to join

User Profile: rewxrie1
rewxrie1 March 10th

Hi, I want to join

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@rewxrie1 extremely sorry for the delay, please check out the links in the reply!! the community is still active!

load more

Can we talk

Can we talk

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@selfdisciplinedBalsam8921 hello. we cant talk on dms unfortunately, but if youre comfortable talking here then yes, of course! has anything been bothering you lately?

load more