I feel like no one will ever have a crush on me
I’m confused about whether a boy in my band likes me. At first he talked to me a lot, but then I found out he texted my best friend Gemma at 1 AM asking what she likes in a guy, her Homecoming plans, and whether she likes anyone in band, so I thought he might like her.
But then he started texting me first, asking about my day, Homecoming, my hobbies, Roblox, and now my favorite food. He keeps coming back with new questions every 10–20 minutes (5:33, 5:48, 5:54, 6:03), so it feels like he’s intentionally keeping the conversation going.
I don’t know if I actually like him, but I definitely care about whether he texts me and get excited when he does. I don’t want to compete with Gemma or make it obvious I like him.
Basically: does he like me, or is he just being friendly? 😭
@deerhuntress9
I understand how his actions might be confusing you. It is hard for me to say whether he has a crush on you or is being friendly since I don't know the kid. However I will say that if the boy does like you and is wanting to chat with you, I wouldn't ruin that by being worried about hypotheticals and whether you're competing with your best friend. How do you feel about asking the boy if he likes you or if you don't want to do that, maybe asking the boy out to do something together, just you and him? It sounds like he's interested in knowing you at least and that's a start.
Yea. I’m not really sure I even like him, I’ve only known him a couple of months. And dw I’m not letting him get in the way with me and my bestie ❤️ I’ve known her way longer and I wouldn’t do that to her. I don’t really feel comfortable asking him. Thank you for your advice. 😊
@deerhuntress9
you're welcome, i get not being comfortable asking him, especially since you have only known him a few months now. It sounds like he wants to at least be your friend. I say roll with that and be his friend if you want to be his friend. Do you only see him at band?
Pretty much, yea. I’ll do that. You give good advice!
@deerhuntress9
You're welcome! I hope that the friendship with the boy goes well. If something is meant to happen, it will, but for now, you have a good friend. 🌞
It takes time to get to know people he probably doesn’t know which of you he likes most. Just trust who ever is single will find someone.