I have been suffering from anxiety for 2 years as a teenager.
I really don’t know where to get started.
As an arab in our society the only reason for any mental problem is connected to physical and medical problems. (Or maybe they’d think that an evil eye caught you or someone did black magic on you)
Like going to the therapist is the LAST thing they’d consider, especially if you’re under 18 because in that situation you’re mentally unstable because of.. hormones?
I dont think its normal that hormones (as a 15yo) aren’t letting me sleep peacefully, The nightmares i have, absolutely terrifying and I would wish for my ENEMY to get those types of nightmares.
I dont think hormones can affect my daily life by making me bite my nails to a point that I can see all the skin and blood under them.
I thought all of those were hormones until I found out it was anxiety.
I sweat, uncontrollably cry in the most random situations, literally nothings under my control,
If it was hormones as my mom says,it would be for MOST of the month or a couple of days, but two years straight? Not a single normal day?
i cant catch a break,
So i told my friend and she told me about 7cups.
I also have more issues but thats another story. Im just gonna leave this here for now!
@exkyen779
i'm sorry to hear tht :(
i can actually heavily relate to this
i struggled with anxiety when I was your age, and as i got a little older, i started experiencing depressive symptoms. i'd have nightmares, bite my nails, pick at my skin and scabs until they bled and i even self-harmed.
i remember trying to talk to my parents about the things that were upsetting me, but they laughed it off. after that, i never felt safe opening up to them again. i didn’t even tell them about the self-harm because their reaction to my earlier pain made it clear they wouldn’t take me seriously.
over time, i drifted away from being religious, and now when i do something they don't like, they just tell me I need to pray more as if that alone could fix everything i'm going through.