Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #41: Are there any underlying beliefs or fears that fuel your anxiety?

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver October 29th, 2024

Hello all and welcome back to another discussion, 

A couple of weeks ago, we discussed what kind of behaviors anxiety has caused you to engage in. Thank you to all who participated and shared your thoughts with us. I appreciate you all. I hope all who may read it find it relatable, too. If anyone hasn't shared them yet, please share them here, and I look forward to reading and discussing them with you. 


This week's prompt:  Are there any underlying beliefs or fears that fuel your anxiety?

There are often underlying beliefs and fears that fuel anxiety and these can be categorized into a few key areas like core beliefs, fears, negative thinking patterns, etc. Let's start to discuss and share these behaviors and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Did you join us in the Anxiety Support Chat? It is available every Wednesday for the entire day.


its-ok-to-be-scared-omniman.gif

125
User Profile: Sittingservant2024
Sittingservant2024 April 17th, 2025

@ASilentObserver thank you

User Profile: Sittingservant2024
Sittingservant2024 April 17th, 2025

@ASilentObserver abandonment and insecurity

User Profile: YeyaYeya
YeyaYeya April 18th, 2025

By looking through the triggers of anxiety that others share, I see that different triggers may fuel similar anxiety. The core emotion stays the same. My anxiety may be triggered by something different compared to you, but I still share the same emotions. You’re not alone or wrong in that. By sharing, showing up, and knowing that your emotions are valid and normal, you find others like you.

@ASilentObserver

User Profile: AbigailListener7Cups
AbigailListener7Cups April 21st, 2025

@ASilentObserver Absolutely. I always feel like I need to have control of the situation at all times. I need to know who is present and where, what's going on, what's happening next on the agenda, etc. It's taken a lot of effort to understand that I cannot control everything and sometimes it's ok to go with the flow!!!

User Profile: YorubaAngel
YorubaAngel April 24th, 2025

@ASilentObserver For me, sometimes it’s the fear of not being good enough, or worrying about things I can't control. Other times, it might be negative thinking patterns that start spiraling. However, recognizing those patterns has helped me manage my anxiety.

User Profile: unassumingBranch3021
unassumingBranch3021 June 9th, 2025

@ASilentObserver I'm scared that I will never ever be enough to be worthly of romance and love

User Profile: compassionateKitty7635
compassionateKitty7635 June 9th, 2025

@ASilentObserver yes like fear on how to survive 

User Profile: NymphaLuna
NymphaLuna June 27th, 2025

@ASilentObserver

One of the underlying beliefs or fear probably that fuel my anxiety is asking for help. sometimes, it is one of the reason on why I refrain from asking help from my family or friends. it's because I don't want to burden them with it. but I also learned that it is okay to ask for help when we needed it. because asking for help is one of the bravest thing a human can do. 

1 reply
User Profile: OptimisticSpace30
OptimisticSpace30 July 13th, 2025

@NymphaLuna

It takes so much self-awareness to recognize that fear of being a burden, and even more courage to challenge it by realizing that asking for help is an act of bravery, not weakness. The way you’re reframing this (‘one of the bravest things a human can do’) is truly powerful. Thank you for sharing that reminder—it’s okay to need others, and it’s okay to let them show up for you. ✨

load more
User Profile: Here2Hear22
Here2Hear22 July 14th, 2025

I have overwhelming fears about losing my job. If I lose my job then I cant pay rent, make car payments, buy food, nothing. Its a train of thought that can get out of control and cause all my fears to actually come true. I'm working through it though. One step at a time. 

User Profile: LizzieIsCoolio
LizzieIsCoolio July 21st, 2025

@ASilentObserver I feel overwhelmed by this consuming belief that I’m simply not capable of managing it all—balancing school, studying, everything. It’s like an unyielding weight pressing down on my chest, convincing me that I’ll never succeed, that I’m doomed to fail. I cling desperately to my notes, scribbling tirelessly, hoping that somehow, this frantic effort will cement the knowledge in my mind, but it’s never enough. Public speaking feels like an insurmountable mountain; the fear gnaws at me relentlessly. Yet, deep inside, I know this belief is false, even if it shatters my confidence each day. It’s a painful, constant battle, one that robs me of peace and leaves me longing for a spark of hope amidst the chaos. However, I have hope I can resort to happy measures.