Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What’s a "weird" anxiety symptom you wish more people talked about?

User Profile: GentlyARose
GentlyARose September 2nd

Body:

I feel like everyone knows about racing thoughts and heart palpitations, but nobody prepares you for the random physical stuff like brain zaps, sudden air hunger, or feeling completely detached from your own hands.

It gets so isolating thinking you're the only one experiencing a specific symptom. What’s something anxiety does to your body or mind that isn’t talked about enough?

12
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 September 2nd

@pl4yfulst4r

Twitching of facial muscles. Freaks me out. 

Sending strength to everyone dealing with anxiety!

BgKKkYKK.gif

User Profile: FairyPeanut
FairyPeanut September 2nd

@pl4yfulst4r

Hands trembling no matter how much you want them to stay still. Especially when you have to speak in front of an audience and your notes are shaking in your hands, because you can't hide it behind a calm and steady voice.

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 September 4th

@FairyPeanut

Shaky and sweaty palms are so difficult to calm down when anxious and in front of an audience. Grounding techniques and deep breaths help me to some extent.

1WiHabGZ.gif

load more
User Profile: reservedTangerine9348
reservedTangerine9348 September 2nd

heart racing

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 September 4th

@reservedTangerine9348

The most common symptom. It's a very overwhelming feeling. 

w0v0n8Sn.gif

load more
User Profile: quickwittedOak7897
quickwittedOak7897 September 3rd

Lately it's been waking me up at 3/4am in a panic for no reason!

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 September 4th

@quickwittedOak7897

That's really hard. I'm sorry about that. I hope it gets better and you're able to sleep peacefully without any interruptions.

Fs0mYMMt.gif

load more

@playfulstar9

It sounds like you’ve had a really meaningful realization about fear and anxiety. I really like how you’re not trying to get rid of those feelings, but learning to accept them and still move forward. It takes a lot of courage to face something that could hurt you instead of letting fear make the decision for you. I hope your conversation tomorrow goes the way you’re hoping for, and whatever happens, it sounds like you’re ready to face it. 💛

User Profile: Marielizabeth
Marielizabeth September 4th

the constant dizzy and off balance feeling. Or the sudden like? I don’t know how to explain them but for a split second it feels like your brain shuts off completely and zaps at the same time and you feel like you’re falling.

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 September 4th

@Marielizabeth

I know that feeling and I'm sorry you experience that. It's like you're zoning out.

rB8swl8VAnOWRpOCwTVf.gif

load more
User Profile: TateGalway
TateGalway September 4th

Mine are :

Dissociating from my body completely because the physical symptoms are too much.

Having an overactive bladder.

Coughing a lot

User Profile: TateGalway
TateGalway September 4th

Mine are :

Dissociating from my body completely because the physical symptoms are too much.

Having an overactive bladder.

Coughing a lot