Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you have an unusual panic/anxiety attack symptom?

User Profile: Yukihiko
Yukihiko July 18th, 2018

Hellow everyone!!! Good morning/afternoon/night!

I've heard that some people are experiencing unsual symptoms when having an anxiety/panic attack. If you are on of them, know that whether you understand it or not, that experience is valid heart.

I want you to share those unusual symptoms here with us <3. Maybe there's someone out there who had the same experience . . . who knows? *shrugs*

How did you overcome it? How does it make you feel?

Thanks for sharing it with us heartyeslaugh

63
User Profile: LadyLou97
LadyLou97 August 1st, 2018

It happens regualry to me but when I am out in public, whether that be a resturant, party, shopping or simply having a walk. I get the sudden urge to vomit, which then creates panick! I cannot get rid of this feeling until I am back in the comfort of my own bed where i am safe.

I have found naming your panick attack really helps!! When you feel as though you are going through a panick attack, speak to it! I know it sounds ridiculous, but this saved my life!!

User Profile: sporkchop
sporkchop August 1st, 2018

I don't know if this is unusual, but since I was a child, the first sign that I am having a full-blown panic attack is an icy feeling going through my body. It starts in my shoulders and spreads from there. The first time I remember it happening was when I was in second grade. I didn't know that I was having panic attacks until I was in college though. My anxiety got worse then, which prompted me to do a bit of research, which is when I realised that I've had anxiety problems basically my entire life and just didn't know that's what it was.

That particular symptom is a constant for me, but other than that, my symptoms can vary from time to time. These days, I often experience numbness in my arms, hands, and face when I'm on the verge of a panic attack. When I notice this, I can sometimes stop it before it gets to the "icy feeling" stage.

User Profile: forlife
forlife August 1st, 2018

@EmikoKokoro when my anxiety occurs, my heart keeps throbbing rapidly, stomachache attacks me, and I keep trembling

User Profile: CindyIsNotOkay
CindyIsNotOkay August 1st, 2018

ive been having ones in the middle of the night before i go to bed like i just start feeling really sick in my stomach and i have really hard troubles breathing and i just it scared me like i just i worry that ill stop breathing and ive fainted from this before i just idk what to do anymore

User Profile: Va1333
Va1333 August 23rd, 2018

I start to just hear white noise. Like all sound falls away and it becomes just this loud sound of nothing in my ears despite whatever is going on around me.

User Profile: Turtledove
Turtledove August 24th, 2018

My first clues are usually being clumsy, off balance, numb-ish fingers and toes, having difficulty remembering something or finishing sentences, stammering. Comments or conversation going right past me like I cant hear them until after the fact. Those are the first physical things I notice anyway.

There are usually thought patterns that change before that, but theyre a lot harder to catch and difficult to describe, generally being less rational and realistic. Also focusing on one token thing like it will fix everything. Like, if I only can pick the right pair of shoes, the people Im interviewing with will like me. Everyone will hate my house if i dont put new curtains up right now. Stupid stuff I wouldnt normally focus on, but cant tell the difference when its happening, because it feels productive to pin a solution on something physical I can do.

User Profile: Silentwinds
Silentwinds August 24th, 2018

I think I might have had a panic attack today, but I'm not familiar with the symptoms. There was a man who came to the house who was looking for a friend who I use to live with, but she moved out. He said that he was with an insurance company, but I think it was a scam. He kept asking about my friend and like how old she. I didn't give any personal info. Later on I was texting my friend about it. I was sitting by myself just thinking about the guy and suddenly I started feeling a tightness in my chest and I found it hard to breathe, I had to take deep breathes to calm myself down. I suddenly felt like really afraid, even though there was no reason to be. I think I may have psyched myself thinking about the guy. It's just uncommon in my neighborhood for someone to sell insurance door to door, especially in this generation.