Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: rubb3rfact0ry
rubb3rfact0ry August 18th, 2015

I'm terrified of windows. Every time I'm near one I get super anxious, especially at night. They have to be closed, locked, and covered for me to even feel the least bit safe. Also, someone else has to do those things for me, because I won't go near them. Mirrors are another thing. They're not as bad as windows, but they definitely make me feel extremely uneasy.

User Profile: Estelle1313
Estelle1313 August 19th, 2015

I have many werid phobias.

Like Bananas. I cant stand it. If you I smell it or are touch by something who has banana I feel disgusting,and want to throw up...

I also have fears for clowns, loneliness, and speed...

Therefor I hate going to amusement parks... Im I the only one with the banana thing?

1 reply
User Profile: KoiFish
KoiFish August 20th, 2015

@Estelle1313 for some reason when i was in high school I hated bananas. I ate them.before high school and I eat them again now, but those years in high school i refused to eat bananas or anything banana-flavored. It wasn't too much of a phobia though. I just thought bananas were gross. No idea why.

load more
User Profile: AbbyCDEFG
AbbyCDEFG August 19th, 2015

Spiders... And oceans 😬

User Profile: littleboatingdock
littleboatingdock August 20th, 2015

Most of mine are sort of basic. Heights, spiders, commitment, the dark- that sort of thing.

Except for one: the fear of being hit by a car when I'm checking the mail. And I don't mean 'fear of getting hit by a car', I mean 'fear of getting hit by a car ONLY when I'm checking the mail'. Otherwise I'm not really afraid of cars.

User Profile: wittyDay532
wittyDay532 August 20th, 2015

Needles, the unfortunately cortisone shots every three months for my quickly fading dancer body

User Profile: sincereLake7862
sincereLake7862 August 20th, 2015

My phobia is frogs. I don't know why. When someone mentions their names I start to shake if I see them I will cry and scream it's the worst phobia (by worst I mean worst stage)

User Profile: halfbloodprincessx
halfbloodprincessx August 20th, 2015

Darkness, i'm so afraid of it. I get panic attacks whenever i'm in a dark room or place.

User Profile: LilySophia
LilySophia August 20th, 2015

It's ridiculous, and I have no idea where it comes from, but I'm absolutely terrified by automated sliding doors. I have a hard time getting into an elevator or a train, or even into Target!

User Profile: girlygeek94
girlygeek94 August 20th, 2015

I have a lot of phobias. Thunderstorms, the feeling of utter rejection and being shunned out by friends and family, but I think my biggest phobia is pain. Both emotional and physical. I don't know why either, exactly. Perhaps it's because of my social-anxiety issues and the fact that I can be considered a bit of a society outcast can really contribute to these fears of mine. Except for thunderstorms. That fear came all on its own. O.O

User Profile: AlyssaBelle
AlyssaBelle August 26th, 2015

I am afraid of basically any kind of bug (even butterflies, they really creep me out). I also have a phobia of roller coasters. Just being near a roller coaster makes me very anxious.