Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: beloved316
beloved316 November 7th, 2017

Basiphobia - the fear of falling. I'm not afraid of heights though. You can strap me a harness and I'll scale up a wall without being coerced. laugh Once I get to the top though, that's when my heart skips and my knees wobble as I position myself to rappel.

User Profile: beloved316
beloved316 November 7th, 2017

Also, katsaridaphobia - the fear of cockroaches. Aaaargh. I think I inherited it from my father but he used to say he's not afraid - he's disgusted by them. I couldn't tell the difference. cheeky

User Profile: practicalNectarine4944
practicalNectarine4944 November 7th, 2017

My biggest phobia is going back to work at 52 years old. My husband keeps pressuring me. I haven't worked since i had my youngest he is 20. All my life i was taught that the husband takes care if his family i know it's old fashioned but in my case its not. My husband provides yes. But he disregards all the things i do because i dont earn a paycheck he makes that very clear. I do everything here in the household. To making sure the bills get paid, the dog gets walked,ect. He makes me feel useless. I raised our kids practically alone and i am so proud of them they are my greatest blessing. I dont even have a car so how would i get to work. My heart races i start to get dizzy his mother calls and says im a looser my stomach starts to hurt. Its ridiculous.he took my self confidence away my nerves are shot.

User Profile: beloved316
beloved316 November 7th, 2017

doing some new things with and learning a bit more about my new friends next week. in spite of my general gloominess these past few weeks, i feel kinda excited towards what's going to happen.

User Profile: beloved316
beloved316 November 7th, 2017

oopsies... this isn't supposed to be on this thread. it's for another thread, sorry.

load more
User Profile: Planetary3578
Planetary3578 November 7th, 2017

That everything bad lurks in the dark/when I

User Profile: pluckyTortoise8552
pluckyTortoise8552 November 7th, 2017

People judging me on my looks and not giving me a chance.

User Profile: tealJackfruit2107
tealJackfruit2107 November 7th, 2017

Jewellry, unnatural metal weird-shaped small things (keychains, chains, keys).

I sadly have to live with the latter.

User Profile: blueCity3991
blueCity3991 November 7th, 2017

Needles, I physically cannot look at a needle going into someones skin or just look at a needle without feeling like Im gonna faint or having a panic attack

User Profile: conscientiousPineapple1782
conscientiousPineapple1782 November 7th, 2017

I have few... hm one is I am scared of cleaning. think disepiring is scaring me-although I just actually take away dust(that may help)... I don't prefer dark but lately better manage fear. laugh Weel my mind sometimes wonder and drain me nuts but that was before... I think OCD develop to deal with my fear better, actually and when I develop phobia it just became worse bcs didn't deal with anxiety right so was easier to develop fears... like wasn't so strong anymore how to explain...became easier to become frightened and about other stuff... I had panic attacks but now is better.. I am scared of old peps ;) guess bcs look, just frightens me... Some places scared more and others...wonder have I develop some kind of six sense?! Weel sure have and some other stuff that scares me.

User Profile: limegreenPlum9327
limegreenPlum9327 November 7th, 2017

I'm afraid of the dark and bugs mostly bees though I'm afraid of the dark because I hear noises in my room and start seeing shadow people and it once sent me into a panic attack. I sleep with a little light on in my room and my parents get annoyed with it and I find bees disturbing and scary because of there stingers and how they buzz in your ear.

( Please don't judge)