Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: minxierene
minxierene November 8th, 2017

my biggest fear is something happening to my children or my husband.

User Profile: ambitiousCity3124
ambitiousCity3124 November 8th, 2017

umm speaking English with people. Most of the time, I feel a strong discomfort when I have to talk or say something in English to more than 2 people. I'm way too conscious of my English pronunciation even though there's nothing serious about my pronunciation. When I am anxious, I'm more likely to stumble over my words or speak too fast. It's quite embarrassing to be not as good at speaking English as I could

P/S: I'm no native English speaker and I ain't living in an English-speaking country either but at college, I have to speak English on a daily basis

User Profile: tidyStrings5649
tidyStrings5649 November 8th, 2017

I'm scared to death of losing my husband to his addiction. But it's been going on so long I feel he may already be gone and I'm holding onto the carcus of the man I love so dearly

User Profile: Willendorf2017
Willendorf2017 November 8th, 2017

@tidyStrings5649 *carcass

load more
User Profile: Healer361
Healer361 November 8th, 2017

My biggest phobia that has actively caused me problems is my social phobia which has translated into social anxiety. It started when I was a kid and got progressively worse. I'd have trouble talking to strangers, making new friends, even walking from one end of a room to another, feeling like everyone was staring at me. I'm glad to say that my anxiety has gotten better, though it isn't where it needs to be. But any progress is good right? :)

User Profile: Bunnylover10717
Bunnylover10717 November 8th, 2017

My biggest phobia is kinda silly...

im afraid of love.. All my past has been is me falling hopelessly in love then being hurt and my entire world falls apart, its happened more than once and ive come to relize the reason im not happy in any relationship is because im afraid to be loved and afraid to fall for someone just to be hurt again...idk if i can handle that again.

User Profile: CastorDarkHeart
CastorDarkHeart November 8th, 2017

Mine is drowning, insects, heights and being stared at.

User Profile: Bunnylover10717
Bunnylover10717 November 8th, 2017

@CastorDarkHeart

I agree with being stared at, because you never know what they're thinking or whether or not they're judging you.

load more
User Profile: pluckyWater3735
pluckyWater3735 November 8th, 2017

My biggest fear is distancing myself from ones I care, loud noises like shouts and yells and people misunderstanding or misreading me

User Profile: Willendorf2017
Willendorf2017 November 8th, 2017

Spiders! 🕷🕸🕷

User Profile: NYRican19179
NYRican19179 November 8th, 2017

Abandonment

User Profile: scarletPine492
scarletPine492 November 8th, 2017

I get really scared and sometimes unresponsive when anyone is drunk and is speaking loudly or if someone is beating someone.