Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: brokenhrt
brokenhrt February 9th, 2018

I have social phobia, a fear of people surrounding me sometimes i think they are talking about me, i am not good enough for them , i cant talk to person i like to, the words automatically dissapears ! When someone comes in front of me. I cant even say good words to anyone. Life is just a mess!

User Profile: Panda123382
Panda123382 February 12th, 2018

Hi everyone,

umm....so my phobia would be like a small social phobia. Im not really sure about what this would be but I guess Im really afraid of talking i front of people and I really hate being judged.

User Profile: gentlekermit
gentlekermit February 14th, 2018

@Panda123382 That seems to be a pretty common phobia, I myself have it as well. But just know youre not alone, and everyone here at 7 Cups is here for you! If you ever wanna talk about ways, or things you could do to prevent letting this fear get to you too much. I am definitely hear to listen, and help with zero judgement. (:

load more
User Profile: BookNerd629
BookNerd629 February 12th, 2018

I have something called dipsophobia, it

User Profile: FangsInsanity
FangsInsanity February 12th, 2018

Thantophobia and Agraphobia. The fear of death, and the fear of sexual abuse.

User Profile: Brynn73828
Brynn73828 February 12th, 2018

I am really scared of the dentist. Every time I have to go I get a panick attack and sometimes I even pass out.

User Profile: Amarithlena
Amarithlena February 15th, 2018

I have phobias for teletubies and meatloaf. I used to have nightmares as a child of teletubies looking through my window at night, when I see them they fill me with intense fear and make me want to cry. Whenever I see or hear about meatloaf, I get really sick to my stomach and feel it's awful texture in my mouth. I get the shakes just thinking about it.

User Profile: helpfulHuman4993
helpfulHuman4993 February 15th, 2018

@Amarithlena

Yuck. I hate meatloaf. And i am not a fussy eater. Lol

User Profile: Pumpkin74
Pumpkin74 February 28th, 2018

@Amarithlena

Not that I find this amusing in any way, but its a phobia I would have never thought someone would have phobias such as these. I wonder how it started for you... It must be difficult since a lot of people make meatloaf.. Sorry you have this.. Hugs to you

load more
User Profile: Purplegoya2
Purplegoya2 February 15th, 2018

My primary phobia that's been occupying my mind a lot lately is my fear of bees and wasps (Melissophobia and Spheksophobia).

User Profile: wonderingsoul95
wonderingsoul95 February 16th, 2018

I have a phobia of abandonment. Not the nicest thing to deal with if you don

User Profile: orangeCup4474
orangeCup4474 March 10th, 2018

@wonderingsoul95

this combined with fear I may die means love of my life won

load more
User Profile: myaekingheart
myaekingheart February 20th, 2018

Emetophobia (fear of vomiting), or maybe cibophobia (fear of food). I feel like whatever I have is something in the middle of the two, maybe? I've always been terrified of throwing up, and I try to avoid it as best I can. Every time I've gotten sick, it has left a serious impact on me to the point where I can remember nearly every single time I've ever gotten sick in my life which is ridiculous. At the same time, though, it's not exclusive to vomiting, either. I'm scared of food making me sick in general, more because a few years back I developed IBS so I'm terrified of eating foods that will send my gut into a flare-up. Eating in public is horrific, especially if I'm presented with a food that's not safe (ie something that's made me sick in the past, either vomiting or caused an IBS flare-up). There are times when it gets so bad that I just don't eat, or get severe anxiety when I do eat that makes me, in turn, feel like I'm going to be sick and thus adds more fuel to the fire. It sucks and I hate living like this but I don't know how to fix it other than trying to force myself past it and tell myself that whatever happens, happens.

User Profile: Dioror2124
Dioror2124 February 20th, 2018

I have 3:

Arachnaphobia. Spiders and scorpions should NOT exist.

Not a fear of death, but a fear that nothing lies beyond.

Fear of helplessness.

User Profile: sweetbutterfly93
sweetbutterfly93 February 28th, 2018

@Dioror2124 I am terrified of spiders also.

load more