Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: BobbaFetta
BobbaFetta December 29th, 2021

My phobia is someone breaking in my home. It’s been that way since I was 5. I would wake up in the middle of night and check the doors and windows. I still do that, but not as much since I have cameras and my dogs.:

User Profile: tealCurrent9178
tealCurrent9178 December 30th, 2021

My phobias: people judging me, bugs, germs, jobs, change, the unknown due to job layoffs, being alone in a building by myself, and covid being out in public.

User Profile: potatochip321
potatochip321 January 24th, 2022

I have had multiple phobias over my life. Social Anxiety (aka Social Phobia) has severely impacted and hindered my life. During my worst years, multiple doctors repeatedly described my case of S.A. as “extremely severe.” Nowadays, it severely limits what occupations I am capable of doing, leaving me incapable of performing most jobs. I am a Janitor who works while the building is closed & the public is away. I enjoy it & have done this for 4 years, but I fear the prospect of changing jobs.

I’m tired and have multiple other phobias, so I will continue this writing later by responding to my own comment here, since I don’t think there is a “Draft” function.

1 reply
User Profile: potatochip321
potatochip321 August 14th, 2022

@potatochip321 My other phobias are ablutophobia (fear of soap) which my brother also has, maquillaphobia (fear of makeup) which isn’t as bad as it used to be, dromophobia (fear of crossing roads as a pedestrian), vehophobia (fear of driving), and in the last few years have developed iatrophobia (fear of doctors). I have been treated for ablutophobia and vehophobia in therapy, it hasn’t done much but I thought I should clarify that so that people don’t think I’m just listing random crap.

load more
User Profile: shrutiscarlet99
shrutiscarlet99 May 1st, 2022

@Laura

I am afraid of growing up. That's all. That's my phobia.


User Profile: Rubyredbear
Rubyredbear June 8th, 2022

I just discovered a new fear... I never realized I had this fear but after an encounter with my neighbor I realized I am absolutely terrified of home invasions. I have lost sleep all last week because of this situation!😔

User Profile: Aubrea1
Aubrea1 July 10th, 2022

I don’t know the word for it but I’m absolutely TERRIFIED of windows. Standing in the same room as one makes me very uncomfortable lol. Never met anyone with the same fear haha

User Profile: ally0fc
ally0fc July 10th, 2022

gamophobia

i am so terribly afraid of commitment with no real reason. ive never been heartbroken. my parents are in a happy and loving relationship. it goes beyond relationship commitments, even. i cant commit to joining a sport at my school because im afraid i wont have control over my time. im afraid its made me terribly indecisive as a result because im so afraid of being stuck having made the wrong choice that i cant even pick one in the first place.

User Profile: pinkLake1000
pinkLake1000 July 10th, 2022

I have an absolutely terrible fear of teeth. Anything from them falling out, getting broken. I had a pretty traumatizing event when I was ten. I won't elaborate because I don't want to trauma dump. It involved teeth and I will never be the same again. I just sometimes think, why did it have to happen to me? I've never told this to anyone besides close family. Anyways. Thanks for listening. <3

User Profile: Daydreamer47
Daydreamer47 July 12th, 2022

Driving right now. Well mainly driving on highways and over bridges. I have been driving since I was young but for some reason this anxiety has flared up more recently due to driving a big trip by myself.

User Profile: cyanCherry8128
cyanCherry8128 August 14th, 2022

Thanatophobia


Basically an excessive and obsessive fear of death which severely impacts life (ironically)


I have had it ever since I could understand about it (so since about 8 or so). But it has only been severe for episodes in my life.