Mindfulness can be a protective barrier that keeps anxiety far enough away so we can see it but are not controlled by it.
Oftentimes I get caught up in my fears and anxieties and it can be overwhelming. When I take a step back I am no longer in it but looking at it and seeing it as it goes by. Mindfulness can help give us that perspective. Here are a few examples of ways we can step back a little so we are not in the midst of it.
This discusses how we can disidentify with our thoughts so we do not believe we are our thoughts https://tinyurl.com/mpn9x5b
Here are two favorites of mine: Letting Go: https://tinyurl.com/mfxo7o3
and a guided meditation about letting go https://tinyurl.com/px8scma
This is a tranquil moment with gentle movement and a flowing brook. https://tinyurl.com/lkekztl
Here is a video to help reduce anxiety and give relief from stress https://tinyurl.com/n69dtfw
Or you can explore on your own the mindfulness resource library here at 7cups. https://tinyurl.com/kcr5lxq
My favorite metaphor is to think of yourself as the sky and your thoughts/emotions as the passing clouds. The emotions are temporary, allowed to pass through, leaving the sky (you) unaffected. :)
@MouKarai Nice image. Thanks for sharing that. Whatever keeps us going in a more awakened state is a great tool. I see mindfulness as an airlock or double paned window between me and the thought train so I have space that is not compromised by all those thoughts and worries.
@MouKarai The image of the clouds you share reminds me of this video I really like Free Your Mind - A Guided Meditation on Letting Go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSrSemQUeSI
@soulsings
Wonderful, thanks for sharing :)
@MouKarai glad it helps. Some of the mindfulness sessions are nice in the pop up sessions that you can find on the Community Calendar https://www.7cups.com/home/communityCalendar.php