Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety and living with parents

User Profile: fairmindedPlace8230
fairmindedPlace8230 September 7th, 2021

Hi, All Do you think It's okay that I'm living with my parents and I'm 23yo? I'm so anxious about that and I have mental issues like depression and anxiety!

4
User Profile: ApricotKitten
ApricotKitten September 10th, 2021

I didnt move out until I was 28, you're fine. Life now is not the same as it was for our parents, it's not simple or cost effective to move out young.

Help your parents and pay rent, contribute as much as you can :) it will help you prepare for when you do move out



User Profile: friendlyLand9181
friendlyLand9181 September 10th, 2021

I’m in the same boat. 23 and still in parents house. I also deal with lots of issues that my parents have no clue about mainly because it was caused by the family. I’ve just been pushing through and focusing on surviving one day at a time…


User Profile: determinedJackfruit4571
determinedJackfruit4571 September 26th, 2021

Dear Unknown,

"Okay" is a matter of opinion. Every person is different, and right now many people are living with their parents again. I graduated and moved back home during the pandemic and I'm just a couple of years older than you. Many of my friends are back at home, too.

Take care of yourself during this time and find out your needs and what you want.