Anxiety is the worst feeling ever 😔
I feel the need of validation to ease my anxiety but most of the time I can't have that validation.. Anxiety is very bad, it cause frequent worries and doubts resulting in fear .. sometimes I wish I could just accept it and tell myself to not care about things I can&t control :[ . How do youu guys deal with this feeling?
Hi @hopefulencounter I'm really sorry you're going through this, and I can truly hear the weight of what you're feeling. Anxiety can be so overwhelming, and it's completely normal to seek validation to ease that inner turmoil — it’s hard when we can’t always get that from others. It sounds like you're caught between wanting to control everything and feeling like you can’t. That inner struggle is tough.
I think it’s powerful that you’re aware of wanting to accept what you can't control, even though it’s not easy. It’s a huge step towards finding some peace. One way some people cope with anxiety is by focusing on small, manageable things they can control, like their breath or taking a few minutes to ground themselves in the present moment. It doesn't make the anxiety go away, but it can help reduce its intensity, even just for a little while.
Would you like to explore some strategies or ways to talk to yourself during these anxious moments? You're not alone in this, and I'm here to listen.
@hopefulencounter I can really relate to what you're saying. It’s tough when anxiety leads to constant worries and doubts, and feeling like you need validation but can’t always get it. I believe it's important to remember that it's okay to seek support when you need it, and sometimes just realizing that you're struggling can help take some of the pressure off. As for dealing with it, I try to focus on the things I can control and remind myself that it’s okay to not have all the answers. Life has it's up and downs and we can't always control it. It’s a process, and being kind to yourself is a huge part of that. You’re not alone in feeling this way, it’s okay to take things one step at a time, just remember that support is for yourself, and you deserve it. Take care on your journey and feel free to dm me anytime !
@hopefulencounter
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this tough experience. Indeed, anxiety can be really overwhelming and it is so true that sometimes it is hard for us to accept it.
First of all, I want to say that all the thoughts and feelings you are having are valid. With so much out-of control things happening in our life, it is totally understandable to feel anxiety, fear, worries etc. And it is a very courageous step of you trying to accept anxiety and the current situation.
You mentioned that you wish you can just accept it and not worry about the things. I can really relate to this feeling. Previously, when I was struggling with anxiety, I was really disappointed of myself not being able to accept anxiety and the current situation, and this made me even more anxious. So I want to say, you are not alone!
Here's a question that I personally found interesting and helpful. How would you describe your current relationship with the feelings of "anxiety"? (For example, feeling like it is your enemy? confrontation? An annoying acquaintance? etc.) If we want to change a relationship with a person, we need to know how we currently feel about each other. It is the same when it comes to anxiety. I personally see it as something that I can peacefully hold in my hands and stare at it with any feelings I have in mind flowing. What I mean by this is that (1) If it is possible, I try to see it from a third person's perspective without judging it (2) If I still have different feelings towards anxiety (for instance, anger, fear, worry etc.), it's totally okay! I let these feelings be there but I won't judge myself for having those feelings.
Acceptance of anxiety is indeed not easy and takes time to reach. But I want to say that don't push yourself too hard. The fact that you are aware of your anxiety and wanted to accept it is already a great step forward. Sometimes when we are not that harsh to ourselves, unexpected surprise may appear. The power and wisdom is always inside you and I wholeheartedly trust that you can find a spot where you can peacefully sit with anxiety!
You also mentioned that you really want to tell yourself to not worry about the things that are out of your control. This is really an insightful thought! It is really common for people to worry about things with uncertainty, because we all want to do well and protect ourselves from harm.
What are some specific feelings or thoughts you have when you are thinking about the out-of-control things that make you anxious? (for example, worry that the result will end up really bad, bad things are really likely to happen in the process...etc.) If you are clear with those thoughts you have, how many rationable reasons can you find to support those thoughts?
Sometimes the worries and anxiety of the uncertain things just automatically pop up in our mind. I understand that this can be really frustrating. It is hard for us to control our first thought when it comes to these situations. But we have chances to reframe our thoughts. By challenging our initial thoughts, we might found different feelings towards the same thing.
There are some very useful resources in the Guidelines for anxiety on 7cups. Maybe some of the coping methods there will help : )
At last, I want to say that overcoming anxiety is really a difficult journey and you are already doing a wonderful job! Things are tough and changes take time, but we are all here with you!
@Michelle228 hello thank you so much for giving me advices on how to deal with my anxiety 🫶💖. I will try to follow your advices, it's gonna be a tough journey. But I will do my best, I think the best way for me to stop feeling anxious is that to forget what makes me feel anxious in the first place. If I don't think much about it I feel so much calmer
Hey @hopefulencounter
Experiencing anxiety is not easy but can be tackled.
What I have generally seen is anxiety occurs when everything is running so fast and we get overwhelmed by the situation.
To tackle this Breathwork, Journaling and Mindfulness comes to the play.
By doing Breathwork we help our nerves to calm down and reduce the feeling of overwhelmness.
By Journaling we help ourselves to understand and assess the situation more clearly and precisely.
And by doing Mindfulness we let our thoughts flow and relax our mind.
By doing this 3 Steps we generally deal with the feeling of anxiety.
I hope this helps. Takecare 🙂.
Thank you so much for sharing the same, you have put into words what so many people with anxiety feel but finds it hard to explain. It is exhausting as well. It is a great step to move ahead but I know it is hard to acknowledge it when anxiety takes over.
That sounds really hard, and I want you to know you're not alone in feeling this way. Wanting validation is a very human need, especially when anxiety is loud. It makes sense that constant worry and doubt feel exhausting. You’ve already taken a strong step by talking about it. Accepting what we can’t control isn’t easy, but even trying to is progress. I’m here to listen—would you like to share what’s been weighing on you most lately?
@hopefulencounter Yeah, i really hear you. Anxiety can be so heavy, especially when you’re craving validation but can’t always get it. It’s like your brain is constantly trying to make sure everything’s okay, and when it can’t, it just spirals into fear and doubt. For me, what helps a bit is just saying to myself, “okay, i feel anxious right now but that doesn’t mean something is actually wrong.” and sometimes I write stuff down to get it out of my head. It definitely helps. I also try to focus on small things i can control, like breathing or stepping away from my phone. Doesn’t fix it, but it makes the moment feel more manageable. It might sound weird, but dancing hard to your favorite song on full volume helps alot too. And honestly, just talking about it like this helps too. So thank you for being real. you’re not alone in this.
@adaptiveMelody7976 hello, thank you so much for replying to my post. Your words are really comforting. I agree with you, I should focus on smaller things that make me feel at peace instead of worrying about things I can't control. I also agree with your advices, I should write my feelings and I can try to vibe with my favorite song too. Thank you for telling that I'm not alone, wishing you a good day! 🫶💖
I’m so sorry to hear you’re struggling right now, but you did the right thing by coming on here and reaching out for support: that’s a big first step! The best recommendations I have for managing anxiety is 1) distraction from that inner noise by any (healthy) means possible, such as engaging in a hobby or going for a walk, and 2) allowing yourself to sit with the feeling but mindfully rationalize through those thoughts. For example, when I begin to catastrophize about my loved ones getting into an accident I will allow myself to feel that anxiety while simultaneously reassuring myself that my fear is highly unlikely to come true and is a manifestation of my OCD rather than a genuine threat. Hang in there, allow yourself as much grace as possible while you navigate these feelings, and remember that progress is not linear and every step counts, no matter how big or small.🫂❤️
@hopefulencounter
That must be feeling really hard to deal with when you feel like there is no escape.. perosnally I’ve experienced it too and i usually try some breathing exercises to calm myself down in such situations. I hope it gets better for you. We are here to support you through this!