Dealing with people that make it hard to get over social anxiety.
Hello, I have had three bad experiences these past two days. There were three different people that got an attitude with me for no good reason, and it makes me not even want to talk to people. I already have very bad social anxiety problems, and those three people made it even harder for me. I barely ever talk to people. Yesterday and today I had to talk to a few people, and they were completely rude.
The first person was at the DMV. I had to take a road test to renew my license and the lady that had to test me got very angry with me over very petty things. She got angry and was almost yelling at me because she claimed I was speeding. The speed limit was 25mph and she said I was going 26mph, and she acted like I was breaking some major law or something. The thing that makes me mad also is that I don't even think I was going 26mph, when she said I was speeding I looked at the speedometer I was going below 25mph.
The second person was a cashier at a grocery store. I was buying some milk and juice along with numerous other groceries. When I was putting the groceries in my cart I just put the milk and juice in the cart. The cashier then got a big attitude with me saying that I had to put the milk and juice in a bag before putting it in the cart. I have gone to this grocery store my entire life and never had to put milk and juice in a bag before. The baggers that work at the grocery store never put milk and juice in a bag before either. So, I don't know why she was getting so angry about having to bag those things. Other customers were looking at her wondering why she was getting so angry as well.
The third person was a person I had to talk to on the phone. I got summoned for jury duty, but I couldn't go because I have no job, car, or money. So I sent a letter asking to be excused. I waited a few days then I called to see if I had been excused or not. The lady I asked on the phone got really angry with me when I was asking if I had been excused or not.
So, I hate having to deal with these kind of people. They are some of the reason that I have social anxiety problems, and having to deal with three in a row like this just frustrates me. How should I deal with these kind of people? I want to talk to people more, but knowing that I might run into more people like this makes me not want to talk to people at all. I know that these people might have just been having bad days, or that were stressed/depressed, or maybe they just didn't like their jobs. That doesn't give them the right to take their frustrations out on me. When I am angry I just try to keep it to myself because I know after a few days the problems with go away. I just wish these people did the same. I just wanted to get all this off of my chest, and since I don't like talking to people in real life I thought I would do it here. Thanks.
@Joe47
I am sorry that you had such bad dealings in a short period of time.
Unfortunately, people ourselfish by trait, and don't always pay attention to how they are treating people because they are dealing with things in their own head.
You have no control of other people's feelings or actions, only your own. The people that cause you pain are usually in pain themselves, there is nothing that you can do for them in a short interaction but shoot an empathetic smile and know that the pain they must be feeling is interrupting their ability to be a decent human.
A smile can change the mood of a room, a person, a moment - and a smile returned can last a life time.
This does not solve the situation but it can give you resolution to go on.
@Joe47 Hun, the world is full of jerks, just as well as the internet, only difference is you can't see the people you talk to on the internet so they can be even meaner sometimes! If the world was all peaches and cream, we would have no wars, no poverty, no disabilities, no drama .. but then everyone and everything would be the same, and it would most likely be a boring world. Not saying I support those things, but think of the movie I, Robot .. would you want to live in a world like that? I wouldn't. So, let the jerks be jerks, they probably did have a bad day and it wasn't an intention to hurt your feelings; they were just mad about something else. The DMV is always mean. I fix cars for a living and sometimes I do emission repairs and then take the car to get the yearly sticker .. DMV is always rude and has an attitude. Ignore it. They think they run the show. So does city hall. You cancelled for jury duty .. well city hall is going to act like asshats of course! It was prolly just some secretary, but b/c she works for the city she thinks she's top of the line .. lol. That's how people today are. You just have to learn how to not be as immature as today's adults. Materialistic, stuck up, money, and status is the American way!