Do you feel like you have to act differently with different people?
Well, I have very little expirience being outside my house... Yet, since i am going out a lot more lately, which it feels awesome. I am realizing the following.
1. Most people have different believes, mindsets, ways of percieving the world, ways of interacting with others, and so on.
2. Some people are plain neurotic, they want all now, and they can`t wait,and will get mad with the slightest problem they found, someone who cross in front of them, someone who cuts their way on traffic... or to sum up when things don`t go their way... which is going to be always... cause things dont always go perfect, or go as expected.
3. When talking or dealing with strangers, its very unpredictable how the other person might act.
4. Most people tend to jump to conclusions very quickly, trying to fit what they see into preconsived boxes, which makes them really blind to how things are really are. Which for the most parts, this is what leads to lots of conflicts.
I could write more, but these lines already give you a general panorama of the situation at hand.
So lets say in a party, I wont be talking to people in the same way I talk to close friends I can be frank with by speaking my mind, or when I talk with my father I will more likely to try to please him, and put a fakade, and show just my surface level emotions, and try to say all the things he wants to hear, cause if I dont he gets almost as angry as a criminal so angry, that he could have a heart attack... on of these days... I just thought about this, while writting these very lines...
Some people, cant change their ways... even if their ways are screwing up their lives... oh.. my father is super neurotic.. if things dont go perfect... he gets mad... luckily lately.. he has got way better ... but still.. to be honest... since I have done so much therapy and reflection and stuff.. I think what he needs is for others to show more affection for him.
I think maybe my father and I , both think we need to work our ass to death to earn love from others... I mean i dont work.. but whenever I do something.. I put all of my soul and more.. to the point of fainting.. or braking..
@okeyyyy
Ja!, this is true, at the very fundamental level, human beings tend to form groups, groups of people who are like minded and share common behavior(same way how animals tend to hunt in groups), some of the group's ideologies will(with high probability) conflict with another(other) group(s) and that's the reason for unrest in some parts of the world, also peculiarly, people divide themselves even when they're part of the same group(for reasons not known to me), this proves what you observe, we do unfortunately have to behave differently with different people(I sincerely wish to be proved wrong).
This thread is really insightful, it's good that you're posting this
I hide my entire real personality, opinions, beliefs, musical taste, etc. when dealing with most people. Even here I'm afraid to show even the slightest hint of a personality. I want to be accepted, so in my mind I can't be myself. I hate myself, they'll hate me too so why even bother being me. That's how my brain works. So I try to act and think how other people seem to think I should instead of being who I really am because I want to make them happy. So yes, basically any time I'm around someone I don't know extremely well, I try to act like a "normal person," whatever that is. And just like everything else in life, I inevitably fail miserably. I wish I could just erase my entire personality.
@tluper6491
Yes I understand that perfectly well, I'm going through the same
@tluper6491
Sorry you're going through it