Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear has taken over my life

User Profile: neatPlane6609
neatPlane6609 October 1st, 2020

Since the last few months I have been living with constant fear and anxiety. Its related to an incident which also happened due to my fault. A person is obssessed with me and even after clearly stating that I have no interest it seems like it didn't affect the person. The thought of being stalked or followed and forced into doing something scares me. Otherwise I'm doing okay, but because of this fear I have lost control of my thoughts and hence my life. I blame myself and am not able to forgive myself unless I know for sure that there is nothing to worry about.

How do I stop these constant thoughts? how do I control my mind? Nothing helps, fear has overpowered everything!

2
User Profile: Faith2025
Faith2025 October 1st, 2020

@neatPlane6609 Hey there! First, thank you for sharing what you are experiencing. Fear and anxiety are very real and oftem we can feel stuck in the feeling of unpending doom. The good news is that this is also manageable- it may help to write down exactly what happend, own your part in it and then throw the paper away- to signify that you have left it all on the page and are moving on. What helps me is also temporarily distracting myself with tasks- cleaning, reading etc. It felt very strange in the beginning but now they serve as helpful buffers to manage my fears. I hope that helps! Take care, thinking of you and don't be too hard on yourself xxx

1 reply
User Profile: neatPlane6609
neatPlane6609 OP October 1st, 2020

@Faith2025 thanks a lot! I am trying but its been difficult to stop those thoughts. I just hope that I feel free again.

Take care

load more