Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Have you ever wanted to talk but felt to shy?

User Profile: talktomeok
talktomeok June 22nd, 2017

This is how I feel many times when I want to talk, just like this cute little puppy, I am too cute, but I hide behind a mask.

35
User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 4th, 2017

ALL THE TIME. But it's dependent for me too. Like for some people, I get comfortable with really quick, and it's easy to talk about everything, but others, I get stressed out and always have to think what to say and the awkward silence freaks me out.

User Profile: Sairita
Sairita July 4th, 2017

@KSWQueen Definitely; I was pretty much nonverbal with strangers as a child, I was so terrified of them. I managed to grow out of it and people think I am fairly confident and relatively outgoing, and I feel like an ambivert (I like people and like to socialise, but my introverted side needs a lot of alone time or downtime after a lot of socialising). But I still have the same barrier from when I was a small (undiagnosed) autistic kid. I have no idea how to start conversations and break into social situations, so somehow I feel like my friends have somehow chosen me.

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 4th, 2017

@Sairita I think I was pretty shy as a child too. I think as I get older, I get more afraid and insecure maybe, or at least more aware. Like I seriously hate class introductions on the first week of school. For me, I think I don't really take the initiative as much now, like I wait for the other person to speak to me, then if it goes well, we immediately click and we can basically talk about everything. I really hope I can improve on this tho, feel like I need to expand my social circle.

load more
User Profile: talktomeok
talktomeok OP July 4th, 2017

@KSWQueen That seams hard. For me okward silence is the best laugh I feel happy when I can talk with others, and since I am used to not speak at all, being able to speak feels great. Do this happens to you with strangers, or with people you know?

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 7th, 2017

@talktomeok Aw that's good. I think it's really dependent for me. Like for relatives, sometimes I find it easier to speak to the older cousins and aunts/uncles, because I think I lowkey have the fear of being judged by people my age. I've realized recently that I seem to be able to speak more comfortably with older people. For people my age, it depends, if they make me feel comfortable, I can talk about everything, all the random thoughts in my mind, I wouldn't mind blurting it out. But others, I always have to think really hard, like how should I continue this convo? Should I even continue the convo?

load more
load more
User Profile: unkn0wnanon
unkn0wnanon July 4th, 2017

Almost all the time. .... I cannot even chat with them.. When I finally manage to I feel guilty because my communication skills are on the level of a bread... I only waste their time.

User Profile: HeckhoundBreaker5
HeckhoundBreaker5 July 4th, 2017

Yes! All the time, like at work and school in the past. Sometimes I just want to make a compliment or say hello to someone but I keep silent. :(

User Profile: talktomeok
talktomeok OP July 4th, 2017

@HeckhoundBreaker5 Maybe you can try opening up little by little. Sometimes is easy to open up to our friends, but you can try opening up to the people who are almost friends.

load more