Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I know nothing about something like this, does anyone know whats wrong with me?

User Profile: MilkCartonKid8
MilkCartonKid8 May 3rd, 2019

Idk where to start. But i think i kind of hate crowds? Im not sure if i really have this kind of fear. And now im confused what actually happens with me? I often fainted during the ceremony that is always held indoor, and its really crowded. Firstly i would kind of losing my breath, my hands would get sweaty and cold. And all i felt was numb and i fell down. We join the ceremony once in a week tho. I fainted in the first 3 ceremonies i joined in. And i tried really hard not to fall down on the next ceremony but still i was losing my breath but then i tried to breathe in slowly through my nose and exhale thru my mouth and it works. Now its been 9 months. And i just got fainted at the last week's ceremony. And there are these 2 girls who keep asking me if i have a panic attack or something, but i said no. I dont even know what panic attack is. And i just kind of believe that it could happen to me. I mean, im okay.

Maybe you can help me?

P.s. : i dont speak in English, so please forgive me if you find any grammatical errors or typos or anything.. thank you:)

4
User Profile: MilkCartonKid8
MilkCartonKid8 OP May 3rd, 2019

@MilkCartonKid8 i mean i dont believe that it could happen to me

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 3rd, 2019

@MilkCartonKid8Hi

You have been heart coping so well and that's brilliant. Look at this as a little blip and hopefully you'll be be back on track very soon.

Have a look at these 7cups self help links, I hope they help.

https://www.7cups.com/exercises/mindfulness/?showlist=1

https://www.7cups.com/panic-attacks-help-online/

Take care and very best wishes

Lucy2

User Profile: Unrealisticswimnerd
Unrealisticswimnerd May 4th, 2019

@MilkCartonKid8

Hi! I hope you had a good day today! This happens to me all the time. I have social anxiety which pretty much affects me when I am talking to another human being, but Im also terrified of speaking in front of people and being in large crowds. What I do in a situation like this is:

1. If you are speaking, try to close your eyes and imagine you are speaking to yourself in a mirror. You might want to open your eyes every few seconds to glance at the crowd

2. If you are not speaking try to think of all the things you want to do that day or the next day, but still remember to listen and be aware of your surroundings.

3. I dont know if this will help you, but it sometimes helps me: You have to remember that their are almost 7 million people on the planet and probably no one is just focused on you.

4. This is the most important thing: Remain calm. Try breathing exercises and close your eyes. Remember that you are going to get out of the room. If you feel like you are going to faint, sit down or ask to go to the restroom.

Sending love and prayers,

Unrealisticswimnerd

User Profile: LPyMP
LPyMP May 4th, 2019

@MilkCartonKid8

I have claustrophobia which is fear of crowded closed in places. With me if I'm going to be ina huge crowd for my own peace of mind I scope out all exits and I try to stab either near one of them or near a source of fresh air/ window/air vent. I also carry mint or eucalyptus cough drops to help me out with this.