Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: Silentknights
Silentknights March 20th, 2018

I naturally have high blood pressure. Ive battled anxiety for 7 years now. More so the last 3.5 because i was a performer and i got into a serious relationship at the same time. Then i moved to l.a and everything went downhill. Usually its the opposite. Ive lost both my job and longtime gf because i took my stress out on alcohol and anxiety meds and became mean. Bad move. I battled sobriety last year. And now i am only 4 days into no alcohol, pills, weed, and even coffee. Im slowly feeling relief, slowly. More so extremely depressed. But long walks to music seem to help. Writing in my notes helps. Push ups help. This app helps. Playing guitar or writing music kinda helps when I dont get triggered. It seems to go away in the wee hours of the night. I dont enjoy the day time as much. I hope i posted this in the right area, Im still figuring this app out. Thanks.

1 reply
User Profile: Corvette74
Corvette74 March 20th, 2018

@Silentknights i think the best music written comes from the artist who shares their most vulnerable struggles and suffering . Listening to Music has helped me through a lot. I wish i could write a song think im gonna try it. Glad to hear you are sober for 4 days i know how hard that is.

load more
User Profile: turquoiseDog9249
turquoiseDog9249 March 20th, 2018

Writing

User Profile: InsideOutwithATwist
InsideOutwithATwist March 20th, 2018

Dance dance, a little wiggle happy dance. Music has always helped relieve anxiety. Whether it be in classical and I dance across the floor like the Nitcracker, or put on some rap and drop it down to the floor. Music has always help me get out of my anxious shell.

1 reply
User Profile: wingedtrish
wingedtrish March 20th, 2018

@InsideOutwithATwist yes! dancing is such a nice way to let loose and get rid of all that anxious adrenaline.

load more
User Profile: InsideOutwithATwist
InsideOutwithATwist March 20th, 2018

Dance dance dance. Classical, rock to rap,

User Profile: Corvette74
Corvette74 March 20th, 2018

Music helps me too. Exercise helps me but getting started is the battle. I always say ill just do 10 min of exercise which always ends up being an hr endorphins help a lot

User Profile: EudaimoniaVibes75
EudaimoniaVibes75 March 20th, 2018

Thinking about the people I care about.

User Profile: StoneAndDagger
StoneAndDagger March 20th, 2018

I like to watch a horror movie and pretend whatever I'm worrying over is the victim. It sounds weird, but it works really well.

User Profile: proactiveShip1051
proactiveShip1051 March 20th, 2018

I like to be by myself in a quiet calm environment and not caring about what people think of me. People who are mean and critical of me make me angry and then I linger with these feeling for a long time. So I try to stay away from people who put me down. I guess I am a loner. This seems to calm my anxiety down

User Profile: Magicalbored1237
Magicalbored1237 March 20th, 2018

What I do is take deep breaths and try to think of something else and push away people and not talk

User Profile: Loveseeker30
Loveseeker30 March 20th, 2018

I like crocheting. I made a stress-chrochet rug today, and used up a whole lot of yarn. I think it is working, because the stress actually translates into movement.