Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unfair Dismissal/UK/Severe Bullying

User Profile: wardmark1
wardmark1 September 12th, 2020

Apologies but I am writing to you out of utter desperation regarding the total misjustice that I have endured due to an unfair dismissal case, the subsequent Industrial Tribunal ruling and my Trade Union Prospects total lack of support for me after I supported a suicidal Member of Staff that was being severely bullied.

The result of which, has left me, as a Professional Transport Engineer of 48 years useful Employment, to feel utterly useless, desperate and now unemployable at 64 years of age.

Back in 2017, I had worked for a Transport Company in Stoke on Trent for some 20 years, as a very loyal Employee. Indeed upon my appointment, the Company had major Fleet maintenance problems of which I resolved. If I had not been Employed by them, I do not think that they would still be in Business now, as their maintenance arrangements were truly shocking.

After many years Employment with this Stoke on Trent Company, the Owners Son took over as Managing Director at a very young age in his twenties. This I attempted to Support but the Young Man had very serious issues surrounding his anger, temper and severe bullying of his Staff!

Indeed, one day, he even actually got hold of me and span me around to confront me!

Cutting through it all, several years later, as a Senior Manager, I had several Staff approach me, to seek my assistance with this young Managing Directors bullying tactics.

One particular individual was a Junior Manager called Mick B. On two occasions he approached me requesting my assistance with the Managing Directors bullying towards him. I duly raised these concerns by email with his Operations Director, a Mick S but nothing was resolved.

However, as nothing was done to prevent Mick B from being bullied further, matters severely deteriorated. One Friday when out in the yard, I simply asked Mick B if he was okay – ‘incredibly, he fell to his knees, in an utterly distressed and in a begging manner, crying his eyes out, with body fluids coming from his mouth & nose, in an uncontrollable state, begging for my assistance, as he felt so desperate, due to the Managing Directors continuing bulling towards him! This was so distressing and upsetting for me from a big Guy in his mid-fifties!

I had never, ever in my 45 years of Employment seen such a man in such a desperate, uncontrolled state! He made me feel so desperate too, as I had never managed such a terrible position before. He appeared utterly desperate and so suicidal and totally out of all control! I then realised that my actions towards him would be so vital towards his future wellbeing.

As a more Senior Manager, I therefore comforted the individual and assured him that I would assist him in every way possible to prevent such unnecessary bullying towards him. I had a direct duty of care towards him.

Within weeks however of me raising this issue with the Operations Director, the Business Employs the services of a Team of Legal Representatives and a few months later I am summarily dismissed for apparently my disloyalty toward the Company, on unsubstantiated grounds!

At this point I assisted my Trade Union Prospects services, for what must surely be an easy case with such terrible bullying occurring. However, I was told that if I was dismissed, that Prospect would not Represent me at any possible, future Industrial Tribunal, due to the compensation that I may receive, being less than what the Tribunal Costs would be!

I was not interested in any compensation, as I just wanted Justice to be seen and the bullying to stop. I could not believe this, as surely no Company should be allowed to get away with such disgraceful bullying behaviour, whatever the costs!

This was the start of what I considered was a terrible Travesty of Justice, of which Prospect had contributed to! I therefore continued and submitted an Industrial Tribunal Case myself.

However, when it came to the two-day Industrial Tribunal Hearing in Stoke on Trent, I was utterly destroyed by an Employment Barrister & three Employment Solicitors! I had no chance at the Hearing whatsoever!

Upon realising that severe costs would be sustained if I appealed my Industrial Tribunal failure, I took no further action but could not accept that unfair fact that I had lost my well paid, long term Employment because I had attempted to assist a Junior Manager in a suicidal state, from being bullied! If I hadnt intervened, I am certain that this Junior Manager would have taken his own life because he was in such a distressed state.

After my Industrial Tribunal Case, for some two and a half years, I have attempted to find alternative Professional Positions with no success, so I have worked on Agency Jobs, on minimum wage to survive. I then eventually obtained a great Professional Position once again, as an Assistant Fleet Manager for TFGM (Transport for Greater Manchester) earlier this year. However, after only being in the Position for two weeks before lock down, I have now been let go!

So, at 64 years of age, I am now in the same unenviable Position of being unemployed once again and believe that I now will never get back into the Professional workplace again.

However, what is still utterly destroying me and a fact that I cannot get over, is my loss of my previous, well paid Employment from two and a half years ago, where I saved a mans life after such severe bullying from our Managing Director and then Prospects decision not to assist me in obtaining true Justice! A Justice that the whole Country would support.

I just could not believe that Prospect would not support me on such a strong case, whatever the cost, especially as it was at a time locally, when the Chief Constable of the Cheshire Police was suspended for bullying, as well as the Chief Executive of Cheshire Council for bullying! Unacceptable bullying at Senior level was quite rightly the theme for that year!

I am now in the unenviable Position in my life, at 64 where I can no longer see any useful Employment Opportunities in front of me. Ironically, after supporting a severely bullied Member of Staff that was suicidal, I am now the one in the Position and feeling so terribly desperate, as my Employment Career now appears to be finished!

So, whilst feeling so unfairly desperate, can I request your kind thoughts please, as I feel so damn desperate and still cannot believe what has so unfairly happened to me?

Many thanks

Mark Ward

Apologies but I am writing to you out of utter desperation regarding the total misjustice that I have endured due to an unfair dismissal case, the subsequent Industrial Tribunal ruling and my Trade Union Prospects total lack of support for me after I supported a suicidal Member of Staff that was being severely bullied.

The result of which, has left me, as a Professional Transport Engineer of 48 years useful Employment, to feel utterly useless, desperate and now unemployable at 64 years of age.

Back in 2017, I had worked for a Transport Company in Stoke on Trent for some 20 years, as a very loyal Employee. Indeed upon my appointment, the Company had major Fleet maintenance problems of which I resolved. If I had not been Employed by them, I do not think that they would still be in Business now, as their maintenance arrangements were truly shocking.

After many years Employment with this Stoke on Trent Company, the Owners Son took over as Managing Director at a very young age in his twenties. This I attempted to Support but the Young Man had very serious issues surrounding his anger, temper and severe bullying of his Staff!

Indeed, one day, he even actually got hold of me and span me around to confront me!

Cutting through it all, several years later, as a Senior Manager, I had several Staff approach me, to seek my assistance with this young Managing Directors bullying tactics.

One particular individual was a Junior Manager called Mick B. On two occasions he approached me requesting my assistance with the Managing Directors bullying towards him. I duly raised these concerns by email with his Operations Director, a Mick S but nothing was resolved.

However, as nothing was done to prevent Mick B from being bullied further, matters severely deteriorated. One Friday when out in the yard, I simply asked Mick B if he was okay – ‘incredibly, he fell to his knees, in an utterly distressed and in a begging manner, crying his eyes out, with body fluids coming from his mouth & nose, in an uncontrollable state, begging for my assistance, as he felt so desperate, due to the Managing Directors continuing bulling towards him! This was so distressing and upsetting for me from a big Guy in his mid-fifties!

I had never, ever in my 45 years of Employment seen such a man in such a desperate, uncontrolled state! He made me feel so desperate too, as I had never managed such a terrible position before. He appeared utterly desperate and so suicidal and totally out of all control! I then realised that my actions towards him would be so vital towards his future wellbeing.

As a more Senior Manager, I therefore comforted the individual and assured him that I would assist him in every way possible to prevent such unnecessary bullying towards him. I had a direct duty of care towards him.

Within weeks however of me raising this issue with the Operations Director, the Business Employs the services of a Team of Legal Representatives and a few months later I am summarily dismissed for apparently my disloyalty toward the Company, on unsubstantiated grounds!

At this point I assisted my Trade Union Prospects services, for what must surely be an easy case with such terrible bullying occurring. However, I was told that if I was dismissed, that Prospect would not Represent me at any possible, future Industrial Tribunal, due to the compensation that I may receive, being less than what the Tribunal Costs would be!

I was not interested in any compensation, as I just wanted Justice to be seen and the bullying to stop. I could not believe this, as surely no Company should be allowed to get away with such disgraceful bullying behaviour, whatever the costs!

This was the start of what I considered was a terrible Travesty of Justice, of which Prospect had contributed to! I therefore continued and submitted an Industrial Tribunal Case myself.

However, when it came to the two-day Industrial Tribunal Hearing in Stoke on Trent, I was utterly destroyed by an Employment Barrister & three Employment Solicitors! I had no chance at the Hearing whatsoever!

Upon realising that severe costs would be sustained if I appealed my Industrial Tribunal failure, I took no further action but could not accept that unfair fact that I had lost my well paid, long term Employment because I had attempted to assist a Junior Manager in a suicidal state, from being bullied! If I hadnt intervened, I am certain that this Junior Manager would have taken his own life because he was in such a distressed state.

After my Industrial Tribunal Case, for some two and a half years, I have attempted to find alternative Professional Positions with no success, so I have worked on Agency Jobs, on minimum wage to survive. I then eventually obtained a great Professional Position once again, as an Assistant Fleet Manager for TFGM (Transport for Greater Manchester) earlier this year. However, after only being in the Position for two weeks before lock down, I have now been let go!

So, at 64 years of age, I am now in the same unenviable Position of being unemployed once again and believe that I now will never get back into the Professional workplace again.

However, what is still utterly destroying me and a fact that I cannot get over, is my loss of my previous, well paid Employment from two and a half years ago, where I saved a mans life after such severe bullying from our Managing Director and then Prospects decision not to assist me in obtaining true Justice! A Justice that the whole Country would support.

I just could not believe that Prospect would not support me on such a strong case, whatever the cost, especially as it was at a time locally, when the Chief Constable of the Cheshire Police was suspended for bullying, as well as the Chief Executive of Cheshire Council for bullying! Unacceptable bullying at Senior level was quite rightly the theme for that year!

I am now in the unenviable Position in my life, at 64 where I can no longer see any useful Employment Opportunities in front of me. Ironically, after supporting a severely bullied Member of Staff that was suicidal, I am now the one in the Position and feeling so terribly desperate, as my Employment Career now appears to be finished!

So, whilst feeling so unfairly desperate, can I request your kind thoughts please, as I feel so damn desperate and still cannot believe what has so unfairly happened to me?

Many thanks

Mark Ward

2
User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation September 12th, 2020

@wardmark1

Mark, just wanted to let you know... if you ever need to, you can chat people in the UK

at this web site here who maybe better trained to help you:

https://www.giveusashout.org/

It's the UK's first free 24/7 text service for anyone in bothersome situation anytime, anywhere.

They can help with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, relationship problems, bullying or if you're feeling overwhelmed.

I hope you can find someone to talk to who can help you in some way. Please keep reaching out.

User Profile: MarcellJ
MarcellJ September 14th, 2020

Hi!

I'm deeply sorry for what you are going through. I understand that the when you was young, you wanted to become something! You did, you went through that door into the interview room, you got the job, and after almost 50 years of the job, you was, falsely terminated. Assumingly, You now can't financially support yourself! You're fired, and you don't know what to do! You can't see yourself in any other employment! Because of this, it's evident, you was triggered emotionally! You're stressed, you're angry. That's understandable. I would, if I was in your shoes! You can always find other opportunities of the same employment as this, if you can find it! If you're suffering from emotional/health issues, speak to a listener here, at 7cups! It's free! If you are not happy with the support here, try seeking professional help!

If you believe you was dismissed wrongfully, and you can evidently prove such. Challenge the dismissal via a court case. Find out more information regarding the UK laws reg. to false dismissals here;

https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/unfair-and-constructive-dismissal .

I deeply wish you, the best of luck. Please take consideration of what I've stated and the resources.