Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i got sick of my family inviting me to their religious celebrations, cause I am atheist.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy September 10th, 2018

life without the computer becomes very boring, especially my family is very boring, especially one of my brothers is super boring,

every birthday he do is barbacue..... like seriously, can`t you do something different for birthdays, and i am dam sick of barbacues anyway,

and i am dam sick of them inviting me to religious celebrations, I am atheist, even though my father forced me to go to the temple/synagogne (jewish church) . I never believed in what they were teaching me, i was agnostic, at one point I got to think what if the sun is god? like seriously, the sun does way much more than a god that we cannot see, the sun gives us light and tecnically speaking the sun makes possible life on this earth.

Do you think I should tell my family that I am not religious so they will leave me alone?

thanks.

4
User Profile: Kanga
Kanga October 16th, 2018

@okeyyyy

Heya! I understand how frustrating this could be, and you might feel like they are imposing their beliefs on you? In the end it boils down to what you think is the best decision. Does it bother you enough that you would rather tell them so this doesn't happen anymore? Perhaps you could discuss a happy medium with them so you can still attend family events but not have it be so focused on religion.

Have a lovely day!

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP October 17th, 2018

@HeyItsRoo thanks for giving me your opinion. I could try to do that ;)

load more
User Profile: Ladypearl
Ladypearl October 16th, 2018

A teensy bit unfair here, your brother can do whatever he please on HIS birthday, who cares how many don't like barbaque, it's his day.

Religion is stupid in a lot of peoples eyes, also in mine, but if you want respect, you gotta respect back, and to complain about what someone choose to do that you find boring is respectless, it's their life and if they want to live, in your eyes, a boring life, then let them.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP October 17th, 2018

@Ladypearl thanks for giving me your point of view. makes sense :)

load more