Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i'm afraid that i wouldn't have any friends anymore

User Profile: Hydrangea03
Hydrangea03 November 27th, 2016

You probably see me everywhere...and I've been gone for so long...the reason is because I'm unbearably overwhelmed and worried that I couldn't even go to this site anymore, but I'm back now. I decided that I wouldn't hesitate to look for help.

Recently, I moved to a new school in the middle of the school year (around August) because I couldn't bear the pressure in my old school. I met some nice people here. A friend of mine (she also transferred, but that was long before I did), introduced me to a student that quickly became my friend, considering she was very nice and funny and we have the same interests. We used to talk and chat a lot and I was very happy every time she did so, but now she's avoiding me. She never talks to me anymore - limited to only saying hi to me when I walk pass her. She doesn't text me either. I thought that she might be having some problems or something, but she was normal with her other friends.

I later found out that she doesn't seem to be interested in her old hobbies anymore..and I can assume that it's the reason why she'd left me. I mean. I can't completely blame her for this. Unlike kids in school, I am not into what they're into, and I can't force myself just so that I would gain friends. The worst part is that I couldn't have a talk to her or text her first because I'm irrationally scared. Like, really, really scared. I'd rather have things cold between us than breaking our relationship completely. But still, it makes me so upset. It's my fault too, I guess, that I love someone to easily and recklessly.

I still have some friends from my old school, and I kind of hate myself for being so selfish and leave them just like that. When I was in the seventh grade, I did very bad things to this one person. She's very friendly, but for some reason, I used to badmouth her and I was very rude to her. On the second semester until now, I realized my mistake and became her friend like nothing happened. It wasn't until I felt so bad and decided to apologize to her. She said it was ok and that she forgave me, but it's just that...the guilt and regret was so much that I cry if I remember my past mistakes sometimes. What if she's just faking it all and she doesn't actually forgive me? I'm so, so terrified. I regret that I did horrible things to her. I thought I was a good person, but hell, I wasn't. Everything's good between us now and we text each other everyday, but what if she's holding a grudge on me in the back, or that she's just talking to me because she pities me?

That's two cases...I shouldn't be posting this but, it feels really nice to get it all out.

2
User Profile: windflowers
windflowers November 27th, 2016

@Hydrangea03

hey there. first of all, i'm sorry that you've been feeling overwhelmed and worried, but i'm glad you're back -- welcome back! not hesitating to look for help is extremely brave of you, so good job on that :)

i'm glad it was nice for you at first, but oh, i'm sorry that's changed now. i'm sorry that you're scared, too, and that you feel it's your fault. even though it's hard, people do change, but i want you to know that we're all here if you need support. i don't think you're selfish at all -- after all, you were pressured, right? it's never selfish to put yourself first, because although it may seem so, you can't really spread joy and be kind to others if you're not at 100% yourself, correct?

but you realised your mistake, which is really great of you! i'm glad you apologised, too -- it just shows how strong you are and how willing you are to accept and rectify your mistakes. regrets are, though horrible, things that we have to live with -- i once read somewhere that "regret is like a stone thrown into a well; it's listening all your life and never hearing it hit the bottom" -- but mistakes don't define us, and you did what you could to correct it.

also, you may want to check out our relationship support subcommunity. i'm sorry i'm not able to provide the support you need, but you're definitely allowed to post this! everyone has a story to tell, and you're deserving of any support you get :) i'm glad you had the courage to post this. i hope you have a great day! happy holidays and happy cupsgiving XD