social anxiety and salespeople
so i have very bad social anxiety, and i just ended up buying glasses that i very much need, but i hate the look of because the woman working there was making me extremely anxious. i totally understand people like this are just doing their job, but for some reason being handed a lot of options and pushed to make a decision/agree on someone elses opinion of what i should get stresses me out so much. i think because of a mixture of anxiety and trauma i'm incapable of saying no to people and speaking my mind, so i end up doing things like this where i just end up inconveniencing myself and sometimes wasting money. anybody have any tips on this or understand this feeling?
@CelesteCups I totally relate. It makes me super anxious to walk into a store and have a sales person come up to me asking how to help. I know it's their job but it makes me extra nervous. Even ordering pizza can be hard sometimes.
My only advice is to keep working on it. If it gets worse or if you feel like it's keeping you from being able to accomplish your daily task, it may be helpful to talk with a mental health professional about it. Social anxiety sucks. Stay strong.
@CelesteCups
Welcome! Im Lizzy and Im currently a trained listener and intern. I hope you find what you are looking for here in 7 Cups. Please feel free to message me whenever. I will usually reply within the day and if Im online, you should expect a reply straight away! I specialise in anxiety, panic attacks and loneliness mostly but you are always free to message me for other reasons!
https://www.7cups.com/15248074