Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m scared, what if i never get over this anxiety and just grow old without having done anything because I was too scared?

User Profile: lonewolf2222
lonewolf2222 July 19th, 2022

I look back on my life and what I could’ve done and could’ve said and the friends i could’ve made, all i do now is sit in my room and think about the past because i’m too scared to go outside and talk to people. I feel like everyone I talk to thinks I’m weird af bc i get nervous around new people. Making this post was hard to do also

6
User Profile: HealingTalk
HealingTalk July 19th, 2022

@lonewolf2222

Check the 7 Cups' self-help guide on Social Anxiety here:
https://www.7cups.com/social-anxiety/

And join the 7 Cups' Social Anxiety Forum here:
https://www.7cups.com/forum/AnxietySupport_53/SocialAnxietySupportSharing_247/

You will find in those al the answers you are looking for about how to deal with this issue

User Profile: fuzzyLemon
fuzzyLemon July 25th, 2022

@lonewolf2222

I really felt this lone wolf. I've been struggling with some doubts too. It's hard to believe that I'll ever get better sometimes when I've been battling it for so long. The thing that keeps me going is that there is no alternative. I either don't believe and I don't get better for sure or I do believe and maybe things do improve. I'm faking it till I make it most days but I personally find it easier to be hopeful when I do these things:

- face something a teeny tiny bit scary

- check something off my to do list

- cook a nice meal for myself

- put on confidence boosting music

- ring someone who believes in me

- look at my list of all the things I have done (even if they are tiny things)

- come on cups and do a sharing circle


They might not help you, just thought I'd share in case. Take care of yourself.

🍋

User Profile: loyalHouse9898
loyalHouse9898 July 30th, 2022

@lonewolf2222

User Profile: loyalHouse9898
loyalHouse9898 July 30th, 2022

Don't be afraid and focus on today. We can not change the past, all we can control is our reaction...

User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 July 30th, 2022

the post is great and you can do it ...

we can only look forward and let the past go ...easier said then done I know but since i tackled one scary thing at a time ... i am more confident to talk to anyone and who cares if they think i am different etc.

believe it or not many people are shy/ awkward and unable to start conversations etc.