Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My school is giving us mandatory interviews immediately after the holidays finish.

User Profile: Coalshop112
Coalshop112 April 3rd, 2018

I made the mistake of telling my parents about it, so I can't fake being sick to get out of it. I've checked out the Life Skills website we were shown to prepare, but the thing is you have to actually be able to SPEAK before you can follow the advice. I can hardly talk to the classmates I've known for 3 years, and now I'm expected to talk to a fully grown stranger and roleplay like I'm trying to get a job. Answer questions, think on my feet and try to impress someone who probably won't even remember me after a few hours.

I feel terrible, because I had a legitimate chance to get out of this. On the day of the assembly where we were told about the interviews, the woman who wanted us to have them said anyone who was going to lose sleep over this could go see her and sort something out or just not have them. Ironically, I was too scared to confront her and back out of having the interview.

1
User Profile: Imogene
Imogene May 9th, 2018

@Coalshop112

Hello, I'm so sorry that this reply is late.

It sounds like you're really worried about the mandatory interviews your school is giving you, and you can't back out of it because you've already told your parents. It also sounds like you're worried because you fear speaking. Also, I'm sorry to hear that you feel terrible about not going to the person you could have to not have the interview! However, it does seem like you were scared of doing so at the time - if it helps I think your actions were perfectly reasonable, because to talk to her you'd have to talk, and you've mentioned that you're not comfortable doing that.

Has the interview passed? If you don't mind my asking, how did it go?