Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish others (who don't have social anxiety) knew about you?

User Profile: zaatarHoney
zaatarHoney June 22nd, 2015

What do you wish others (who don'thave social anxiety) knew about you?

95
August 19th, 2015

well i have social anxiety and one thing i wish people could know about me is that if i am not talking to someone , doesnt mean i am rude and not interested

people with social anxiety often find hard to mix in people and initiate or properly carry on the conversation

but since others cant read my minds, i often come across as rude or a guy with a lot of ego which i am totally not and nothing i would love as much a fun conversation

User Profile: kayburns
kayburns August 19th, 2015

I wish they knew that mine is not only shyness. I am frightened by the crowd. I am fucking frightened by the world.

User Profile: islanxds
islanxds August 19th, 2015

i wish that people knew it was an actual condition... and i wasn't being a drama queen or over dramatic and i wasn't "faking it"

User Profile: ARK2013
ARK2013 August 19th, 2015

I just wish they would realize that I can't control it. That if I could I would have the anxiety surgically removed.

User Profile: Clouder
Clouder August 20th, 2015

I hear you, @ARK2013. Some day, people will look back on our current mental healthcare system the way we look back on dentistry without anaesthetic.

load more
User Profile: Vivalalauren
Vivalalauren August 21st, 2015

That sometimes, just talking to them is a chore. Especially if they're not being supportive of your mental health.

User Profile: Jojobear
Jojobear August 30th, 2015

I wish they knew that I am strong. That when I cry, I'm not weak; I'm not looking for attention when I run out of class barely able to control my fear. That they knew how hard it is to control my anxiety, how hard riding the bus to school is. How hard I try to keep from curling up into a ball and blocking the rest of the world out. More than anything, though, I wish they knew that I am not my anxiety.

User Profile: Suiren
Suiren August 30th, 2015

I just wish that people wouldn't think that I didn't know or english or continue to tell me about me not talking because it really stresses me out and they can't understand that I'm mute. I just want to be left alone, to not be stared down at when I enter a room.

User Profile: BouncyFish
BouncyFish August 30th, 2015

I wish people could understand that I'm not just being a moody teenager. People tell me to socialize more but they don't understand that it doesn't work like that. I also wish people understood that I'm a nice person who likes having friends and who has an actual personality. I'm just not good at showing it because of my anxiety

User Profile: frankOak1471
frankOak1471 August 30th, 2015

I wish people knew that it's terrifying (at least for me) to have to talk or hang out with big groups of people. And that when I ask them to hang out I'm only asking them and not them and all there friends, I hate when I get the courage to try and hang out with a friend and they think it's okay to invite friend that they have or that we have in common because they want me to make friends.

User Profile: AeroRoze3
AeroRoze3 August 30th, 2015

I wish they could be patient enough to understand that it takes time for me to open up ...i would love to be more sociable but it's not something that comes easy

September 15th, 2015

I feel the same. I can usually say only a few words when meeting someone new. They give up on talking to me when I don't share more. It really sucks because I try so hard to be me in front of them. I'm kind, interesting, and I talk alot once I feel more comfortable.

User Profile: AeroRoze3
AeroRoze3 September 20th, 2015

yeah i am the same, it's like I feel so pressured to strike up and continue the conversation and it stresses me so much i draw a blank and lose their interest. but i do try because i am very nice i just need time to get comfortable and loosen up

load more
load more