What is the worst part of having social anxiety?
To me the worst thing about social anxiety is that it drains out our energies and our motivation to try, to stand up and face our fears. Our fears overcome our curiosity, our desires and our joy to live. We feel like we don't deserve happiness, we feel like a burden to others. But you're a person and you have the right to be happy as much as anyone else. Anxiety is a reaction of our bodies to adverse situations and I believe we cannot be cured from it. Learning to deal with it is a long process and we cannot give up on ourselves. Resilience and tolerance is important. Don't be ashamed to try again. Don't give up. You're not alone :)
I guess to me the worst part of social anxiety is that our fear is something we almost to have face every single day just imagine living with the thing you are most afraid of but can do nothing but live with it . And I don't know about other but for me I am even sraced of my family and my parents like if you are human I am sraced of you and because my anxiety was was worse when I visited my family in my home town I had to tell cousins I am sraced of them ofc they didn't understand they kept asking me " why are you scared of me?" I just am, I don't know why it's sad because I love them but I am also very sraced of them
@beautifulFireworks63
Do you know where and how people with social anxiety can meet up and talk in person. Really feel like that could me.
For me is the loss of my voice. The self imposed silence. Asking for help - admitting I need help - admitting I'm hurting. Second guessing everything I say - reaching out to others to offer help - knowing I'm just going to mess it all up because it's what I do - mess things up
I'll feel anxious after I post this too lol - I call it post and panic
for me it's the fact that ive been living the same day for three years now. even when i have free time and i want to do something different i don't. i can't. the worst part is when you wanna go out, make friends and just enjoy life but you're too scared or have zero energy and just lay on bed all day crying because of that and then you hear people outside the window who scream and laugh all together, then your parents come and tell you "why don't you go out? why do you always stay on that bad? don't you have friends? people at your age do a lot of things while you always stay here" and you lie and say that you are good like this and you actually decided to stay home. the truth is i want to travel i want to socialize i want to live and make experiences but at the same time i don't wanna do it because it drains out all my energy and when someone actually asks me to go out or something i also say no and then feel lonely af. another may be the fact that my social anxiety stops me from seeing a therapist, aka the only one who can cure me and this is such a crazy paradox
@wittyCar5849
I relate to that entirely. I could easily msg one of my school friends who lives only 5 min away from me to meet up with him but i never do. Just seems like hassle and unnecessary amxiety. I think what i need to meet someone with social anxiety so that I can feel that someone truly understands me.
I think I experienced it today. I went to a pharmacy and bought multivitamin and a lotion for my dog and i heard them say its 360 in total I gave them 360 rupess.. and guess what, after I was in my car I realised that it was 250 rupess.. Indeed I should have gone and told'em that I over payed you.. but nah there were too many people and I didnt want to make a fool of myself asking them for my money back.. I chickened away.. I didnt stand up for myself..