Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I valid if I don't have money to get a proper doctor diagnosis on paper?

User Profile: bubbleSkies2035
bubbleSkies2035 April 18th

I know that self diagnosis is a taboo thing but in my case I have been told by several professionals that I am autistic but I cannot afford to have it put down on paper, am I valid? Im sick and tired of nobody taking me seriously just because I cant afford a diagnosis to be on paper.

14
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 April 18th

@bubbleSkies2035

many do not have a on paper diagnosis.  so you are in good company. 

User Profile: faithfulOwl7264
faithfulOwl7264 April 21st

Yes self diagnosis is complety valid

User Profile: faithfulOwl7264
faithfulOwl7264 April 21st

Yes self diagnosis is complety valid

User Profile: gentleBeing2159
gentleBeing2159 April 22nd

User Profile: AlyBearSingz
AlyBearSingz April 23rd

I’m in the same boat, no judgement here love

My doctors wouldn't diagnose me with autism. I KNOW I have autism. I feel you. <3

4 replies
User Profile: cyanWriter569
cyanWriter569 May 19th

@jesusredeemedme2425 same I have had one look at me and despite me telling him everything in my life that points to autism, go “I can’t diagnose you with it, you are borderline personality disorder.” I looked at them as if they were stupid and after having that same person threaten to suggest to admit me if I didn’t agree to eat three meals a day…I never went back to that person.

3 replies

That’s cruel. I’m so sorry…

2 replies
User Profile: cyanWriter569
cyanWriter569 May 19th

Thanks. And I'm like I don't care about that jerks opinion, because I know I am. And one day I will find some professional who will actually validate it.

1 reply

Yes you will <3

load more
load more
load more
load more

I understand that as well I feel completely like that

User Profile: neatPear9815
neatPear9815 May 15th

@bubbleSkies2035 Professionals have told you you are autistic, so that is not just self diagnosis, these are people who would not say it without knowledge and training. The only difference is it is not officially on paper for you. I think your diagnosis is valid. Having said that, sometimes other conditions and issues can also be present and hopefully professionals would help you see those as well.