Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dad not being helpful when trying to be helpful handwashing the mini grater

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman November 27th, 2023

Every single time I have microwave chilli - I use a mini grater Dad gave me for Christmas years ago 2013 at least. i use the mini-grater to grate cheese to put until of my chili. It just EVERY SINGLE TIME I use the *** grater Dad tries to be "helpful" and wash both the top (and bottom of the grater but the "bottom" (the container for the cheese) does NOT need to be *** handwash it can be put into the *** dishwasher. Its only the *** top (the actually grater) that needs to be *** handwashed. And when I got mad at him for the 15th time about that just now downstairs when I was emptying the dishwasher Dad said I was "behaving like a toddler" or something. But how many times do we have do tell him the bottom DOES NOT NEED TO BE HANDWASHED?

6
User Profile: theboymoana
theboymoana November 28th, 2023

@Disneywoman

I am confused because if gets clean why does matter hand wash or dishwasher ?

4 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP November 28th, 2023

@theboymoana  because I'm a sticker for ** routine and for part of that routine is after I make *** chill the bottom part (the "cup" part) of the grater should be able to be put in the *** *** dishwasher it DOES NOT need to be hand washed.    Its just "wrong" to have it be handwashed.     Its only the grater part of the container which needs to be handwashed because *that* part can't be put in the dishwasher


cup-grater-280x280_1701200061.jpg

3 replies
User Profile: theboymoana
theboymoana November 28th, 2023

@Disneywoman maybe should just put in dishwasher when done use it ?

2 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP November 29th, 2023

@theboymoana That would be a great idea except for the fact the dishwasher at noon is still full of clean dishes.  I don't empty the dishes until around after 1pm or late as 2pm depending on when fruit gets made.    So I can't put the grater into the dishwasher at the time-I can only stack it up with the other dirty dishes that are sitting on the counter/in the sink.   


If Dad wants to be helpful he should be cleaning out his own cereal/porridge bowl in the morning because its really annoying having to scrub off the "Cement"  as my Mom and I call it- that he leaves on bottom and sides of the bowls he uses.

1 reply
User Profile: theboymoana
theboymoana November 29th, 2023

@Disneywoman oh is very much rules make me anxious hope figure out thing

load more
load more
load more
load more