Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Plz tell me someone relates to this

User Profile: neonhighlife
neonhighlife November 29th, 2023
I feel so weird, and out of place. I try talking to my friends about how I feel about stuff and how my brain functions thinking they'll understand what I'm saying and talking about and I won't feel different from everyone else. I'm hoping when i talk to someone about how i am and how i feel they can relate and I can feel a little bit better about myself like I'm not a complete freakshow. But nobody thinks how I do or feels how I feel about certain stuff. Like how I only really like to eat with plastic forks or drink with plastic or silicone straws because how the metal and silver stuff feels weird in my mouth and makes my entire body feel weird, and like how the thought of my teeth touching each other or silver/metal stuff touching my teeth makes my teeth start hurting and makes my whole mouth feel icky and my body feels weird. Also like when I'm talking to someone and were around a lot of people and i start getting really excited about what i'm talking about, so i start to talk loudly and people tell me calm down and chill out because like im embarrassing them, i feel really bad because i'm not trying to and i didnt even realise i was getting loud. So when people tell me that I just stop talking altogether because I feel upset at myself and just anxious. And then also when I'm in the hallways and i lose my friends in the crowd i feel really stressed out because like there is no space and it's a lot of people who are big and tall that idk and i get scared and like its really loud because everyones talking and yelling and people are shoving people out the way and i'm just trying to get through but like, i'm scared to ask someone to move because i'm not around friends so i don't feel comfy enough or confident enough.  I'm sick of feeling this way and everything is like, idk i can't explain it i just hate it. I just don't know what to do anymore.

1
User Profile: blindGrace277
blindGrace277 November 30th, 2023

@neonhighlife neonhighlife,


It sounds like you're going through a lot, and it's completely okay to feel the way you do. It's important to recognize that everyone experiences the world differently, and your feelings and sensitivities are valid.

It must be challenging when you try to share your experiences with others, hoping for understanding and connection, only to find that they may not fully grasp what you're going through. Feeling like you're out of place or different can be isolating, but it's essential to remember that you're not alone.

The sensory sensitivities you described, such as discomfort with certain textures or materials, are experiences that some people can relate to. It's not uncommon for individuals to have unique sensitivities and preferences when it comes to sensory input.

In social situations, feeling overwhelmed or anxious, especially in crowded and noisy environments, is a common experience for many. It's okay to acknowledge your feelings and to take steps to navigate these situations in a way that feels comfortable for you.

If you're struggling and feel like you don't know what to do anymore, it might be helpful to consider seeking support from a mental health professional. They can provide guidance, understanding, and coping strategies tailored to your specific experiences.

Remember, it's okay to be yourself, and your feelings are valid. If you ever need someone to talk to or if you have specific questions, feel free to share. You're not alone in this, and there are people who want to support you.