Need help to get my mother on the right treatment
Hi I am new here. I have joined 7 cups so I can help my mom get the right treatment for bipolar, I am not sure which one she has 1 or 2 but she mostly has manic episodes, somtimes it's like a second she is crying and then another sec she is high and thinks she can do anything, she is always irratated and speaks loudly. My mother is in total deniel and so is my father which makes it's very hard for me and brothers to get her on the right treatment. My father thinks it is something she cope with without medication and would refuse to give her medicine. Her episode lasts for 4 weeks but with medication it lasts for a few days or a week.
I need to know is it normal for an episode to come every month or two?
@0000yasmin I am not an expert, and no one here at 7 Cups is allowed to give you medical advice. It's one of our rules.
However, based on things I've read it doesn't seem all that unusual for someone with bipolar disorder (or some similar disorder) to have an episode every month or two.
Getting your mother the right treatment sounds like it will be difficult while she and your father are in denial. If someone becomes so manic that they do dangerous things, then in many places there are ways to use the law to force them to accept treatment, but of course that is usually a last resort, and it depends on the laws where you are. Otherwise, I suppose, you and your brothers can only do your best to be persuasive.
Chatting to a listener here about the situation might help you to process it in more detail. You can find experienced listeners on our Browse Listeners page, and click on any Chat Now button.
Charlie