My sister has schizophrenia and a heroin addiction I need someone who understands !
I will try to make this as short as possible, my sister has been sick ever since she was little it progressively got worse throughout the years miss diagnosing ect ..... finally they have the right diagnosis on the right medication I have never seen her so happy and not having episodes .... my whole life has been chaos , being psychically abused by her cops always at my house taking her away ..... her riotous attitude that she has from my mother does not help ..... I have so much more to say I feel so guilty helpless and alone ....... she stopped taking her medication about 4 years ago and it just progressively got worse and worse , for a minute I thought she had it together to notice something was off , she gets arrested and as I’m cleaning her bedroom I find the drugs it’s been 2 years and it’s like one of those mug shot collages ..... I repress every feeling I have from my childhood which I’m pretty sure I have well children’s syndrome bc I feel the need to try to fix everything and help my father bc she has burned every bridge . I cryed when I saw the mug shot I couldn’t believe that was her .... I thought I was walking into a nar alon meeting tonight I’m preset sure it was an aa meeting I dunno what I’m doing .... even if I tell my crazy life that sounds like a movie and made up who is going to understand the mental part of it ..... it effects every part of my life I don’t want to go to therapy bc thinking about all of this is too painful for me ..... I called everyplace you could think of and no one wants to deal with someone schizophrenic like that .... and especially on drugs it’s like I’m in this continuous bad movie ..... I want to go on top of a mountain and scream until I have no voice I’m so frustrated and fucking sad .... I’m just so sad I know what the outcome is going to be and I don’t know if I can’t handle it
Thank you for sharing this with us here.
Hey girl I'm here for you. I understand. Dealing with family who are addicts is always going to be hard. Your constantly going to have this overwhelming feeling of wanting to help them get out of there situation but honestly there's not much you can do until they want to help themselves. Addicts don't have the same emotional feelings normal ppl do. They lack emotions and tend to only feel sorry for themselves. It's really sad. Honestly the best thing you can do is take care of yourself and make her proud. As ur sister she'll still be proud of you no matter what drugs she's on. She'll just be happy ur not on drugs and going to jail like she is. Don't spend all ur time worrying about her. She doesn't do the same for you and I guarantee she probably unfortunately takes you for granted. When she's around show her love but I'd show her a little bit of tough love. Try to change ur approach a bit so she can realize how much you care an have been there for her. Don't let her use or walk all over you bcuz then she's just weighing you down and becoming a burden. And most importantly don't be an enabler enabling her to continue unhealthy behaviors or routines. Your not her mom or slave. Your her sister so be that and show ur support and love for her and especially not through money. Anyway wish you the best of luck. Hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing its very to choose yourself, but slowly and hopefully with time you'll give yourself permission to focus on you while still loving your sister but no longer sacrificing yourself 💞
@sweetdeefusilli87 If you can go talk to a therapist or multiple friends and family members.. and only talk about a plan- all feelings aside. Only talk about a plan and support systems. Get people to help you prioritize things little by little. You need a solid plan, support and help with this situation. Noone can do that alone and noone should have to... You don't have to Keep your chin up. And when I say all emotions aside I say this because your scared to come up with a plan because your scared of feeling those emotions over and over. Emotions will settle when a plan is in place. You know you best, don't forget the power of conversation You got this! We all believe in you!
I don't know what to say other than I was in the same boat as her. Heroin addicted and schizophrenic off meds. The only thing thar helped me was being totally honest with myself. Realizing I was being shitty, and it was ok to acknowledge as long as I tried my best to better myself. 6 years without heroin now and it gets easier. I'm now one of the more sane people in my community and I have been told I am not schizophrenic by a loved one because I'm not debilitated enough LOL! Honesty medication openness willingness desperation... these things healed me