Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone work from home or in a calm environment that fits with mental health needs?

User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 October 1st, 2025

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone here works from home, or in a very calm environment that feels truly adapted to your mental health needs, especially when it comes to anxiety.

If so, I’d really love to hear about your experiences. What kind of job do you do? Did you need specific training or education? What was your journey like, and how do you organize your workday so that it stays manageable?

I’d also be very interested to know the advantages and disadvantages you’ve found, or any resources you recommend for people looking into this path.

I’m currently trying to figure out what options might work for me, since my issues makes a lot of traditional work settings really difficult, if not impossible. Hearing how others have navigated this would mean a lot.

Thank you so much if you’re willing to share x

— Whimsy Leafy 🍃

13
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 October 1st, 2025

@whimsyLeaf7957

      I have done various jobs and some we either had to be remote (COVID) or some we could work from home either occasionally or hybrid.  The thing with many jobs is "training " is individual to job or company.  No school or program prepares a person with companies using different software or same software used in a different way.   Good computer skills that are adaptable were the biggest part. 

          Some jobs now have the  on-boarding / learning time for new employees in person.... if is hard learn a  new system and company policies and standards in remote setting.   I found work from home to NOT be for me....especially when many others are at home because I could not get timely answers/ help/ support or collaboration.  Even small things like office printer or multiple screens set up work better at an office. 

The part of work of being social is missed. chatting on teams is not same as in person.  Hard to convey issues or questions without a bunch of screen shots etc that is frustrating when in person a person may go to desk and say "OK do this if this situation comes up "

        I have worked at several companies and simply put....... some people did NOT really work when they were remote or not monitored.   No one admits they slacked off or are not productive ... so even if some are responsible and productive it is definitely NOT a one size fits all.... I could tell many stories of co-worker never able to respond to questions/ customers because they were doing personal chores/ even leaving to grocery shop , mowing their lawn or  personal appointments  and  they did NOT let others know they were not available..... like they would have to  if in office.   

     It is easy to be distracted at home as well... That is why so many companies are leaning towards return to office..... so if hard to find a remote or calm setting it is someone before you that showed they could not be trusted.  

1 reply
User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 OP October 1st, 2025

@toughTiger6481 Thank you so much for your response. I can imagine it must be hard to stay focused at home.

Ideally, I’d like an office that is calm and safe, but I doubt such a setup really exists…
If you don’t mind me asking, what were the job titles you held?

load more
User Profile: Theuniverse00
Theuniverse00 November 2nd, 2025

@whimsyLeaf7957

                                                            ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊ I’m a student, and I really relate to what you said.of c I’m a student, and I really relate to what you said. I’ve been thinking a lot about what kind of work environment could actually support my mental health, especially with anxiety. It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one wondering about this. I’d love to hear how others have managed to find or create calmer setups too. actually support my mental health, especially with anxiety. It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one wondering about this. I’d love to hear how others have managed to find or create calmer setups too.


1 reply
User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 OP November 5th, 2025

@Theuniverse00 Thank you for your comment. I also find it comforting to know I’m not the only one experiencing this, it’s something that’s rarely talked about. I hope more people will continue to share their experiences in the comments

load more
User Profile: umerbashir
umerbashir November 4th, 2025

So im doing ecommerce dropshipping work .

Its so simple and easy to work . Even we dont need any stock , warehouse , workers means we can manage itself easily .

In start of my work , i felt difficulty in finding clients from Uk, USA , and Aus but after months i got succeded to get that client .because im from pakistan .. do thats why i need those clients .

Work is so so simple .we find cheap products from one plateform and sell at high price or other plateform . In start we need our own investement for order processing but after month , we use customer money and out profit for purchasing ..

Interesting thing , when customer order us , we purchase cheap product and add customer address so order directly reach to customer. So its so easy when its so hard to find jobs

1 reply
User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 OP November 5th, 2025

@umerbashir Thank you for sharing. Do you do this with someone else, and how did you come up with the idea? Do you have any training or background in this?

load more
User Profile: umerbashir
umerbashir November 5th, 2025

Its not unique or new work . Its very common .alot of my friends are doing it so i also got training from them .. Maybe people from USA UK .AUS or canada dont know how much worth their ebay accounts have. People earnings in thousands per month

5 replies
User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 OP November 6th, 2025

@umerbashir So you learned about it from your friends? I've never heard of it here, except for a little bit online.

4 replies
User Profile: umerbashir
umerbashir November 6th, 2025

Yeah i learned from my friend and little bit from youtube

3 replies
User Profile: whimsyLeaf7957
whimsyLeaf7957 OP November 7th, 2025

@umerbashir I see!

load more
load more
load more