Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Prompt Of The Week: "I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become."

User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 December 23rd, 2022

Hello, community!

I hope you have been well! Welcome back to the writing series, where I present you with a couple of writing prompts to exercise your creative muscles every week! I know there was a long break before this activity was last posted but we're back here for good now! Thank you for still being here! If you haven't checked out the previous posts of the series, I've got you! You can find it here! Without further ado, here is the prompt for today:

"I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become." - Carl Jung

What will you be doing? Good question! You will be replying to this post with your original :

- poems

- prose (long or short)

the word limit is a maximum of 500 words.

Happy writing! And tag some friends if you think they might be interested in this activity! If you have any questions about the activity or want to submit a prompt, then please feel free to message me: @Clarisse29

If you're interested in being tagged every time a new post is made to the series, reply to this post with "I want to be tagged for more prompts". Thank you!

Announcement: Please welcome @SirenOfSerenity as a co-host of this series! Siren will be helping to put out this series consistently every week, so you'll be seeing them around in this corner more often!!

Taglist: @OuiCherie @SoulfullyAButterfly @niens @azuladragon34 @Izzy274 @jersey123456 @usefulsummer3139 @TilXC @KindLemonade @ThoughtfulBlossom @Sugarlife24 @FrenchMarbles @AuroraBriarRose @Torean @Trying TBH2021 @babydino69 @chaoscookie22 @Cuposad076 @Elise849 @TheJenInBlack @AnnaJ718 @RideARainbow @ImaginativeThinker8574 @Aikyaa01 @HopieRemi @NCG2237 @Helgafy @seashell145 @sereneYellow1926 @TheJenInBlack @theriverissinging @101Shortest @mybu @bigBlueberry1679 @DIDisaythat @EvolvedScorpio @hiimcaitlin @Divinemove @WharfRat @intuitiveShip4574 @Dalladi @Mellifluous11 @Dallady @SchmellyAshley @purplevibes @mytwistedsoul



35
User Profile: InvaderStitch
InvaderStitch December 25th, 2022

Life has been more than a little unkind

I’ve jumped over hurdles so high

They would have knocked others down


A series of unfortunate events,

Not the publication,

But my life.


No one would blame me
If I decided to shut down,
If one day I gave up.


I am not what happened to me,

I am who I choose to become

And that is my best self.


Despite the hurt and pain,

I choose to live a life of kindness.


Despite misfortune and hurdles

I choose to keep going every day.


I may not be perfect,

I may have my flaws,

But at the end of the day, don’t we all?


I am not what happened to me,

I am who I choose to become

And I am proud of who I am.


2 replies
User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity December 29th, 2022

@InvaderStitch I literally needed to read this today. Very uplifting and hopefully writing, I'm happy to see your response to this prompt 😀
1 reply
User Profile: InvaderStitch
InvaderStitch January 6th, 2023

@SirenOfSerenity

Thanks! I love writing and glad to have prompts to inspire me to write more!

load more
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP January 5th, 2023

@InvaderStitch

gorgeous writing!

load more