Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Orlando Nightclub Tragedy - Discussion & Support

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 12th, 2016

Early this morning a mass shooting occured at a gay night club in Orlando, Florida. Recent reports site that 50 people were killed and many more injured.

If you need more information - here are some of the news articles I have come across:

New York Times Article

CNN News Article

I am deeply saddened by this news report and wanted to create a space for us to talk about this tragedy and support one another. Please share how you are feeling here and lets have a supportive discussion that lifts our hearts up and honors those who have been impacted.

203
User Profile: ItsPreeti
ItsPreeti June 17th, 2016

How can people just be so ruthless sad ! Anyways ! Hope for speedy recovery to the injured and rip to the deceased.

User Profile: Pineapplecrazy101
Pineapplecrazy101 June 17th, 2016

I send my love to all those who survived, and the families of everyone who was there! I hope those who were injured will heal quickly! My best wishes also to any of those who saw things that night and are now suffering from some form of ptsd! heart

I just wish that humans wouldnt just be so evil! I dont know what is worse, this being a hatecrime against the lgbtq+ community or him really only killing and injuring all those inocent people to be "cool"! I know he never said it, but he really only ever seemed to want to be "that cool extremist who fights for what is 'right'". (It was obviosly not right!).

One can only hope that this will be a wake up call to society about the continued presense of hate against us in the lgbtq+ community. Although, it is quite unbelievable that it takes 50 deaths for people to finally realize this! And if society even misses this wake up call, then i can only say that this human race is doomed!

User Profile: StarFlower
StarFlower June 17th, 2016

So many beautiful people ... for some reason, "50 killed in Orlando nightclub massacre" didn't work for me. It felt like they weren't human anymore - just some data. Their lives were taken, but does that have to mean their humanity was taken too? Some of them fought for that all their lives. I don't know what will change after this ... I just wish they'd all rest in peace now. And may their loved ones who're still here gain the best of support and strength.

June 17th, 2016

My thoughts go to those affected by this tragedy.

User Profile: aquaSpruce3170
aquaSpruce3170 June 17th, 2016

R.I.P to those who died in The Orlando Massacre! Hope all you are all going ok and I'm here for you! It was such a horrible event

User Profile: organticFireworks15
organticFireworks15 June 17th, 2016

My heart is saddened by the attack made on the LGBT+ community and i hpe that we will all make it a goal to stay strong and be ourselvs.

User Profile: LesReverie
LesReverie June 17th, 2016

R.I.P for those that are affected in this frigtening tragedy... I feel so sad for those affected by this tragedy... I understand how you are feeling now, i am experiencing it too..... 🙁

User Profile: lovelySummer26
lovelySummer26 June 17th, 2016

My thoughts go out to the victims and families of this heartbreaking tragedy. I can feel the pain everyone is feeling, to the point where every time I think about it, I feel like bursting out in tears, despite not knowing anyone involved. It absolutely breaks my heart that someone could do such a horrible thing. Homophobia has gone TOO far, and people need to get their heads out of their asses. You're not afraid of gays, you're just an asshole. I hope justice is bought down on this horrid horrid person and that they realise the true extent of what they have done, and how many lives they have ruined forever.

User Profile: magicalhallows2000
magicalhallows2000 June 17th, 2016

My heart goes out to the people who died and to their families but also to the young LGBT+ community as whole, but I would like to tell them that it's alright to be scrared but as humans we must stand together through all thse acts of violence and inhumanity.
To all the people fighting for this cause I truly salute you and admire your strength.

Emma

User Profile: heavenlydivne
heavenlydivne June 17th, 2016

I'm deeply touched by the incident! It's depressing to know that a negative mind can take away so many innocent lives! Just one man's hatred caused so much destruction! Love and energies to the LGBT community! Love is love, and every human deserves it! A lots and lots love and energies to the families of the deceased!