Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Crafters Unite: Where there's a wool, there's a way

User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx March 13th, 2015

Are you a crafter? Do you enjoy making things and sharing them? Have people asked you to please stop giving them homemade sweaters and soap for Christmas? If you answered "yes" to any one of those questions, then this is the thread for you!

My craft of choice is knitting and crocheting, but you don't have to do either of those things to participate! If you woodwork, felt, scrapbook, make jewellery, paper mache, origami or do any other form of craft, feel free to share your work with us! I'd love to see what everyone's working on, and possibly encourage others to take up crafting! Even if you don't craft, it's really cool to see what other people are up to!

To start, I'll share my most recent projects! You can find pictures of the scarf I made for a friend here and here! And for funsies, here are a panda and a whale!

So, what are you making?

87
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 22nd, 2015

Here's the blanket made for the Angel Hugs Project (an offshoot project of Woolly Hugs, of Mumsnet.): https://imgur.com/KyMj1YQ

5 replies
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP June 22nd, 2015

@TurquoiseTree, everything is so nice! The garland is really well done--I like the colours you chose for the flowers! The mug cozy looks really cozy! I like the designs you put on it! I think the blanket is my favourite of the projects! It looks really beautiful and sturdy but delicate! It's really nice! Super good work, Tree!

4 replies
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 22nd, 2015

These are random pics I happen to be able to add to my brand new Imgur account from photos I could save from my old phone. I'll add more at some point. Crochet has got me through some really tough times the last 3 years. It's a great thing to do while waiting, and I do an awful lot of waiting! I really want to see more people posting here, there must be so many more people on 7 Cups who knit and crochet.

3 replies
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP June 22nd, 2015

Fantastic! I would love to see more stuff you've done! Crafting can be incredibly therapeutic, and a really good way to get your mind off stuff anyway! I would love it if more people participated or shared their work, but I'm also super happy for the people that already have!

User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 June 22nd, 2015

So talented tree, and love your work --- I would love to have the patience to sit and crochet but for me it has be projects where I see result quicker.

It is amazing you also auction your bits off for Mind -- I did a fundraiser myself for our local one yesterday , to try raise some funds for the craft group I facilitate for them. Will add some pictures later..

1 reply
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 22nd, 2015

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, fluffy.

(I didn't organise the auction myself, I posted the garland and some other things off to thebeta.woollyhugs.com/index.php/past-projects/people, and they organised the online auction.)

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 June 22nd, 2015

So who else thinks @michaelmichaelshould share some of his awesome art work in here with us :D Come on Michaelshow us your talent ,

1 reply
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 22nd, 2015

Yes, @MichaelMichael do share your art work here!

(Can anyone guess the film poster I copied to draw my avatar?)

load more
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 23rd, 2015
1 reply
User Profile: Flourish
Flourish June 23rd, 2015

@TurquoiseTree- Those are nice! One of them reminds me of a blanket my friend's mom is doing for me. It must have taken a long while to do.

load more
User Profile: TurquoiseTree
TurquoiseTree June 23rd, 2015

This one was a collaborative effort by people in a littleprivate internet group I'm a small part of. (If anyone happens to see this and recognise this blanket, please do pm me!)

It was made for someone who had experienced a number of bereavements in a short space of time. Contributors made squares and posted them to me (from all over the world) and I made a fair few squares too and put the comforter together and mailedit off. It was a really amazing project to be a part of. Some people learned to crochet just so they could make some squaresfor the blanket.

https://imgur.com/lnye5UB

https://imgur.com/QuA5Bz5

1 reply
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP June 23rd, 2015

I'm very impressed with your blanket making skills! They all look so good!

load more
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP July 31st, 2015

Behold! One more addition! Take a look-see: https://i.imgur.com/U5syptA.jpg

As always, feel free to add your own projects! =D

1 reply
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP July 31st, 2015

Aaaaand I didn't hyperlink my link. Here it is if you're interested in no-fuss muss!

load more
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP August 15th, 2015

Using our handy-dandy new forum inlaid pictures feature, have a couple pictures of what I've been working on over the last little bit! You can see the shawl modeled on my moose (he's an incredibly good sport about it):

and here, laid flat on my messy, messy carpet:

Happy Saturday! What are you all working on?

User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP August 15th, 2015

So, it's a bit late to the party, but it's always sock season, right? Are there any Doctor Who fans out there? (I'm looking at you, @TheDeaningOfLife!) 'Cause if there are, check these out!

3 replies
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 August 15th, 2015

Awesome makes Nyx ♥ -- and I will be organised and get some pictures up on her haha.

User Profile: ZaraSmiles
ZaraSmiles September 29th, 2015

@Acinonyx I'M A DOCTOR WHO FAN, THAT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL, OH MY GOSH. You are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell talented! I wish I had some skills in crafting departments haha, but it's enough seeing all these beauuuutiful pictures! thank you all for sharing!

1 reply
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP September 29th, 2015

Woohooo, @ZaraSmiles! Doctor Who is pretty fun! Thank you! They took foreeeeeever to make. I think it took me about... nine months to make because I didn't want to start on the second sock, haha. You should definitely start a craft if you're interested--it's really fun and always a good conversation starter! =D

(Plus, it's much easier than it looks!)

load more
load more
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit September 29th, 2015

my very first drawing hope you like

my second one

my third drawing love the cheeky grin i have 2 more but in the middle of them

what do you think please be honest

6 replies
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP September 29th, 2015

These look really great! For your first drawings, I'm super impressed! I like the way you drew them and how they have kind of a mishmash appearance to them. It's really unique! Great work!

5 replies
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit September 29th, 2015

thanks nyx

the grey areas to parts where to represent the white areas on the dog especially since it was brown and white

4 replies
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit September 29th, 2015

i used a shading technique to show where parts were lighter as i drew these from a photo

3 replies
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 September 29th, 2015

awesome work :)

1 reply
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit September 29th, 2015

thankyou Fluffy :)

load more
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP September 29th, 2015

It looks really great! You should 100% be proud of yourself! =]

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit September 29th, 2015

thankyou its one of my self care activities

User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP October 12th, 2015

I made a dragon!

Lookit how cute it is! It's a little lopsided because amigurumi is hard, and I'm apparently terrible at sewing heads and limbs on in proportion to bodies, haha. Give me 80 hours of intensive lacework on the right and wrong sides and I'll have no trouble whatsoever, but simple body alignment? Nope. That's not my scene at all.

5 replies
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit October 12th, 2015

@Acinonyx soooo cute i want one :)

1 reply
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP October 12th, 2015

@blissfulParadise86, thanks! It's super cute, but reminds me of why I never do things like this. =P

load more
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 October 12th, 2015

@Acinonyx OMG its Dovah!!!!!!! That is amazing I love it <3.

1 reply
User Profile: Acinonyx
Acinonyx OP October 12th, 2015

@fluffyUnicorns84

Thank you! =D

load more
User Profile: Skye1965
Skye1965 April 16th, 2016

That is such a cute dragon.

load more