Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 8th, 2018

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

653
User Profile: sunnyJar6998
sunnyJar6998 February 8th, 2018

A friendship with a girl I was crazy in love with has ended appruptly, and now she wants to stay away from me and never wants to see me again, and I don't even know why...

1 reply
User Profile: UnknownUser2018
UnknownUser2018 February 10th, 2018

Feel you.

load more
User Profile: micolosi
micolosi February 8th, 2018

My family, I have a horrible relationship with my mom and it's starting to get pretty bad with my dad. I don't know what to do anymore, sometimes I feel like running away, I hate coming home everyday to them and sometimes when the weekends are over I'm almost relived but then realize I have to go back to school.

1 reply
User Profile: Totheskyandbeyond
Totheskyandbeyond March 8th, 2018

@micolosi I felt the same in my teenage years... I feel like running away from home. =S

load more
User Profile: JayTheBird14
JayTheBird14 February 8th, 2018

@Laura

The one with one of my best friends. She has an anorexic sister, divorced parents and a mom dependent on pills and booze. The relationship makes me sad because I hate so terribly to make her suffer. The relationship is worthwhile though because you can't feel second-hand pain without caring about someone a really big deal. And I do, I love my friend heart

User Profile: WhiteWolf96
WhiteWolf96 February 8th, 2018

My relationship with my grandmother.

She is the kindest, most selfless person and everybody in the family treats her like trash. I used to get annoyed by her, since she was always a bit manipulative and close minded like my mother, but now I just feel like everyone is so unfair to her. She is always worried about everyone, including me, and when she is in town she does everything to help me, even things she can't do that well anymore like cleaning the house. I tell her that I'm getting better and I don't need it, but she doesn't listen to me. She cooks for me whenever she can, buys things for the house... I frequently feel like a burden for the people close to me, but with her this feeling gets worse. I feel she is doing too much and worries too much. She is always so scared I will kill myself, but I assured her many times that I wouldn't do that. I feel so bad... She has been helping my mother and living with her and (like me when I lived there) she is verbally abused by her all the time. Once, when she was helping me clean, she droped some spoiled food on the floor and said "Your mother is right, I am a pig, I'm so messy". That broke my heart... I bought a necklace for her recently, I just felt I needed to thank her somehow and that's what I came up with. But it's not even close to enough for what she deserves.

1 reply
User Profile: WhiteWolf96
WhiteWolf96 February 8th, 2018

@WhiteWolf96

Update:

She cried when I gave it to her. Said it was the best gift she had ever got. The necklace said "I love you very much, grandmother".

I feel happy she liked it.

load more
User Profile: TheTiredOne
TheTiredOne February 8th, 2018

My relationship with my parents.

I've never met my actual father but now, after all these years, he finally wants to talk to me and I don't want to. I don't want to know someone who never cares about me in the first place.

As for my mum, we are two side of the same coin. We've both gone through hard times and we are still going through them. She's stressed out financially but I have severe depression. Talking to her doesn't help me at all especially when I'm at my lowest points but I have no one else to talk to which makes me feel worse.

User Profile: Chimera702
Chimera702 February 8th, 2018

My mother.

She has no understanding of me, she tries to pretend shes proud but shes not really. Shes manipulating and emotionally draining. I wish she would try to understand and support me.

2 replies
User Profile: WhiteWolf96
WhiteWolf96 February 8th, 2018

@Chimera702 Same for me.

User Profile: WhiteWolf96
WhiteWolf96 February 8th, 2018

@Chimera702

But I don't wish that anymore. My mother tries to get close to me so that she can manipulate me and she is very good at it. I've trained myself to be indifferent to her judgement and words, might them be right or wrong, good or bad. I wish deep down we had a good relationship, but I have to accept the harsh reality that she might never change.

I'm not advising you to do the same. We are different people! If you can save your relationship with your mother is the best thing you can do. And I hope you do!! We both know deep down they love us, but they have a toxic way of showing that.

load more
User Profile: Norwayb
Norwayb February 8th, 2018

My relationship to my boyfriend... Kinda abusive

1 reply
User Profile: aquaCup8506
aquaCup8506 February 8th, 2018

@Norwayb whos the abusive one???

load more
User Profile: sLoMote
sLoMote February 8th, 2018

My relationship with my mom. She

1 reply
User Profile: WhiteWolf96
WhiteWolf96 February 8th, 2018

@sLoMote

I wish you and your grandmother all the best ❤

I understand what's like to have a mother like that, and it hurts to hear your story. So once again, all the best for you and her and I hope she feels well and you get to see her.

load more
User Profile: Phthalo
Phthalo February 8th, 2018

The one that doesn't exist anymore lol

User Profile: dalstar83
dalstar83 February 8th, 2018

My marriage that is currently breaking up 😢

1 reply
User Profile: alifeofcomplexity
alifeofcomplexity February 9th, 2018

@dalstar83

im sorry to hear that. I am in the same boat. If you ever want to let, I

load more