Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 8th, 2018

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

653
User Profile: adaptableCamp4466
adaptableCamp4466 March 8th, 2018

My brother. He's been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. He's not the same anymore and as a family we're struggling to deal with it

1 reply
User Profile: rantRAGEremember
rantRAGEremember March 9th, 2018

@adaptableCamp4466 I would say the problem is not your brothers diagnosis that is the problem, (for him nothing has really changed, other than being diagnosed with the issue), but rather you and your family as you are now aware of the situation. I'm not saying you have done anything wrong but it is your understanding of it that may be the problem. It may be worth trying to see if everyone involved can sit down and talk about it with him either as a family or one-on-one depending on who has the best relationship with him.

User Profile: dapperBeing4062
dapperBeing4062 June 15th, 2018

@adaptableCamp4466 my sister was diagnosed with schizophrenia too, and it is really hard to deal with, she is different now.

load more
User Profile: jikook
jikook March 9th, 2018

My dad. He had always been very negative, quick to anger, and emotionally abusive when I was a child, but when my parents got divorced it was like he didn't even care to be in our lives unless it benefitted him. At first he tried to manipulate my sisters and I into hating our mom, but when that failed he decided to guilt us into thinking that the child support he pays is putting him into poverty. He only calls me or wants to get together when he needs something from me and then he always gets angry at me about something.

1 reply
User Profile: Totheskyandbeyond
Totheskyandbeyond March 9th, 2018

@jikook Sorry he behaves like an a-hole. =S

User Profile: GhostBunnywhite
GhostBunnywhite September 16th, 2018

@jikook Well, You are not alone mate..
I believe there is more parents worse than your dad..
So just tried to be happy with your life or say enough if you are at your limit..

load more
User Profile: usagisan0515
usagisan0515 March 9th, 2018

I'm very upset recently coz my best friend / crush has left the city for his hometown within a very short noticed. I was sort of his caregiver over the last year but he doesn't seem to have understood my good will/intentions. He said sth really hurtful when he's triggered and I keep telling myself not to take them personally. However, his leaving made me feel worse. In the last few weeks, he shuts me out and didn't respond to my texts as much as he used to. I know he's been texting others but me. I don't know what i've done wrong, and he didn't seem to appreciate my effort, time and money spent on him.

Truly desperate.

User Profile: ScatteredAndConfused
ScatteredAndConfused March 9th, 2018

Is the fact that i have to see my father regularly

User Profile: cyanNorth6205
cyanNorth6205 March 9th, 2018

With my mom. Ever since she had cancer and started ignoring me to date a guy,our relationship drastically changed,for the worse. Now because of those things,I feel like I can't trust her anymore...

User Profile: honestNest6960
honestNest6960 March 9th, 2018

My relationship with my parents. My mom says I'm isolated becaue I'm always in my room, I tried telling her about how I'm not mentally okay but she thinks it's all in my head. My dad just wants to live his life through me and hardly ever thinks much of anything that I do.

User Profile: proactiveClementine8918
proactiveClementine8918 June 15th, 2018

the relationship with my sister. we used to be so close now so much horrible things have happened between us that I can

1 reply
User Profile: discreetBanana3119
discreetBanana3119 September 4th, 2018

@proactiveClementine8918 Im so sorry. Relationships are so hard sometimes. My final analysis is that they are just. It all made to last Mo matter who it is. Ive lost so many in my life and even this summer lost a friend unexpectedly. We all have to accept that we are all on different paths. Thats actually a good thing, not a bad. Its ok for us to move on and be a bit more self and God reliant. ;)

load more
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed June 15th, 2018

my relationship with my aunt. She is very authoritarian and thinks she has the ultimate understanding of what a good life is and what life qualities are important: and they are opposite of mine. I can never be accepted for who I am with her because we are opposites. I have come to terms with this and conciously try to make sure I am not letting her fear based mentality rule my decisions. I just wish she would accept me for me.

User Profile: Nans17
Nans17 June 15th, 2018

My relationship with myself ...i am tough on myself ..wheras with a friend i would be supportive and encouraging .

1 reply
User Profile: discreetBanana3119
discreetBanana3119 September 4th, 2018

@Nans17 awwww please find things throughout the day you are proud of or feel grateful for! Your toes, your various abilities! We alll have anilitybat different things! 🌷

load more
User Profile: dawghoused
dawghoused June 15th, 2018

Relationship with my friend.