Forum Discussion Question: If you could go back in time and meet your younger self, what advice would you give him or her?
If you could go back in time and meet your younger self, what advice would you give him or her?
Join in
Don't get in the car
I would go back to when i was 24. At that time we had a psychologist led meeting of people with hearing loss who were in mainstream education (elementary, secondary and tertiary). Psychologist managed to ruin my self esteem. I would say to my younger self that psychologist just wished that i say to other atenees why i didn't have special additional support at school (as i needn't it) and it wasn't because i must have had this additional support. This way my self esteem would be saved. I was overworked at that time and it influenced my self esteem drop at that time. I would also explain to my younger self that if we don't find self in something psychologists promote at that time (extra support at school), it doesn't mean that we are abnormal. I graduated at all levels of school without this extra support and i was proud on it and if i didn't hear that psychologist at that time i would be proud that i finished university without extra support too.