Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish everyone knew about your disability?

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 18th, 2017

don't be scared to break drown the stigma!

176
March 25th, 2017

I wish everyone knew depression and anxiety aren't always obvious. I'm the one who cheers everyone up, always smiling and laughing. I act like a therapist to everyone. I'm also the one with scars, who can't fall asleep at night because of the thoughts in my head, and I never feel like doing anything. I'm also the most daring person in my circle of friends, always doing the craziest dares or asking random people stupid questions. Walking to line in the lunchroom because I forgot a fork gives me an anxiety attack.

User Profile: UnwantedChick
UnwantedChick March 25th, 2017

I wish people knew just how many different kinds of discriminations there is in this world. Blue eyes. Black eyes. Blond hair or brunette. Cornrows or Mohawk. Clothes. Faces. Disabilities. All kinds of walk of life like homeless people or people in mansions or pregnant women. Men with beards or piercings or tattoos even jobs or no jobs! Judgements are strong, wrong and it's not their job except the Lord upstairs. That's life and we all have to fight everyday to live. I'm deaf and people don't know until I tell them. I used to bullied by teachers and kids and bosses. They thought I was stupid. 🙄

User Profile: Anyonethere323
Anyonethere323 March 26th, 2017

I wish people knew it's a war to get up everyday. To get up early and go to school with loads of stress and exhaustion from depression and anxiety feels useless.

User Profile: NASCARwriter2495
NASCARwriter2495 March 26th, 2017

That just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's not valid

March 26th, 2017

That it doesn't make me less of a person

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService March 26th, 2017

I wish people knew how hard it is to date with Asperger's.

User Profile: BaileeIsDaBomb
BaileeIsDaBomb March 26th, 2017

I know that ADHD isn't an excuse. I've been told that my whole life. But you have to realize what it's like. Trying to accomplish something is like driving during rush hour on the freeway. You can only move a little bit at a time. With ADHD I can do something, but it takes me longer because I have to do it little by little.

User Profile: Willendorf2017
Willendorf2017 March 26th, 2017

I wish people knew how depression makes everything a lot more difficult and takes away motivation; for me, just getting up on time, brushing my hair and getting dressed is an accomplishment!

User Profile: EvilanNightshadow
EvilanNightshadow March 26th, 2017

I wish people knew that I'm not lazy. I just don't have any motivation due to my deppression.

User Profile: Ellagr
Ellagr March 26th, 2017

I wish people knew that OCD isn't just neatness and it isn't an adjective for you being pedantic. It has seriously damaged my mental health and hearing it being spoken about as if it was a joke makes me feel invalid.