Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Annoyed

User Profile: practicalBeing6850
practicalBeing6850 November 19th, 2021

I’m 28 years old , and I care for my dad. I’m overwhelmed and just plain irritated with him. I find myself resenting him as of lately!!!! I’m in college for radiology and I’m ready to find another caregiver for him 😩 I need advice his mothers anniversary was on the 10th of this month I did not have a close relationship with her…. Is something wrong with me ? The last thing she told me before she died was that she wished I was dead ….. on another note he’s severely depressed I do understand but I feel like he’s also playing victim especially with my mother…..

2
User Profile: Sher217
Sher217 November 20th, 2021

@practicalBeing6850

Hey there,

Caring for a family member can be overwhelming and lead to irritation. Taking time for yourself and your needs also is important. Even a Relief Caregiver would give you a little break and may help your feelings towards your dad.

I'm really sorry to hear of the things that his mother said to you. Sometimes we don't have a close relationship with some family members. In my opinion, I don't think that means something is wrong with you because that happens in all types of situations.


~ Sher

User Profile: practicalBeing6850
practicalBeing6850 OP November 20th, 2021

@Sher217 thank you 😊 I definitely needed this !!!