Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Growing up toxic Aunts and Uncles

User Profile: pinkBike8115
pinkBike8115 December 31st, 2022

I have had wonderful parents my whole life with that comes my mom's siblings. They bully my mom dad brother and I to make themselves feel better. This Christmas eve was the worst. My parents had such bad covid last year my mom can't hardly walk so we haven't shown up to christmas eve at my grandpa's house where two of my moms sibling live. We all decided as a family it's too much to go over so we told them no big mistake. My aunt called my mom telling her my grandma who passed away 10 years ago would be disappointed in her. I called her back and said no hard feelings but none of us are well enough to go out during a blizzard she got mad and shut me down. Then after Christmas my uncle calls my mom saying she only call when she needs something not to say hi and how we are doing. But when we do they point out our flaws and treat us like ***. I've always loved them and cared but after 27 years I'm sure I'll never forgive them for treating Mt mom this way.

1
User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic December 31st, 2022

@pinkBike8115 Hi there, I read your post and recognised the situation that so many people face and which Christma just makes worse. Who goes to whose house, and the whole travelling issues. But I do feel for you and wanted you to know that your post has been read. I am sure many more people here will share with you on this. It can be very hard to forgive, and sometimes we never do. But I hope that next year things improve for you.

Listening - One Step At A Time!