How a Difficult relationship with my mother
I used to think of my mom as a codependent, controlling, narcissistic women. But now I feel touched as I grow older and putting myself on her shoes instead of evilizing her and victimizing myself.
I feel very ashamed by myself for not being able to get ahead in life and I often feel like a dead-weights, a burden towards my mom and the rest of my family.
Both of my parents are already retired age and I feel a strong sense of responsibility that it's time for me to get ahead in life.
The issue is sometimes I have so much resistance towards my parents and specifically my mom.
@energeticWest1129 I understand how you feel, family relationships are so uniquely different and yet so similar for a lot of people. As some others have already mentioned your conflicting feelings are just evidence of your maturity— sure you resented her when you were younger and it's not that those feelings were wrong, they're just changing. That happens to everyone, and what's important is you focus on how both you and they are now, not how you all were. After all, everyone only gets 1 set of parents, don't forget it's their first time being parents also.