Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mixed emotions

User Profile: purplepenguin961522
purplepenguin961522 January 31st

TW: Alcohol abuse & demise

I've been no contact with my mum for six months because I caught her drinking alcohol while looking after my youngest child. She recently had an argument with my younger sister over her drinking and mentioned she wished she didn't have children and that we will be the reason for her demise and why she is alone. I feel guilty because she's my mum but I feel relieved I don't deal with that anymore.

2
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 January 31st

@purplepenguin961522

🥺

It's such a difficult situation.

But your child is your priority.

It's clear that you do love your mother, but she has to want to stop drinking, and admit she needs help, before anyone can help her 💚

10-%C4%91i%E1%BB%83m.gif

User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 February 1st

@purplepenguin961522

do not let guilt let you enable her. 

alcoholics have to not only admit they need help but want to quit in order for it to stick with it.  This is a lifelong problem. 

if her love for you and siblings and grandkids is not enough, what will it take for her to see she has a problem.