Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My mom cheated my father and is still continuing to do so.

User Profile: Meganjr
Meganjr August 23rd, 2021

Hello all, Im Megan. I have been going through a lot of family issues recently and now it is quite traumatic. I honestly dont know how i should respond to all this. I dont know when all of this will end. Its been nearly a year since we found out about her affair. It is with someone she met online. She met him just once. He is from a different country. My father has been quite suicidal since this year beginning and i dont know how to help him or handle his anger or depression. He only talks to me, he is quitting his job in a week and im sure he is gonna do something reckless to end himself. Im scared to live like this, im scared to see or experience each coming day. Its been a long time since i have even slept for more than an hour per day. Im just scared. Any nice words would be greatly appreciated. its been really long since someone even said something nice to me. Thanks for reading

4
User Profile: Remina
Remina August 23rd, 2021

I’m sorry to hear about what’s going on with your family. It sounds like you’re very concerned for your father. Hugs.

User Profile: habbymama
habbymama August 24th, 2021

I have a 4 week old son and his father cheats on me... And has just left me or will come back with a sincere sounding sorry later, I don't even know. To hear from a child who cares about her parents so much is heart wrenching but also inspiring. They are blessed to have you and your empathy and strength. I hope you know though that it is not your burden to carry all alone. I'm glad you've found this outlet to reach out and find connections.


Have you spoken to your parents about your own feelings? They are ultimately responsible for you and they should know that they are meant to be role models for you. Cheating is such a reckless and selfish sin that truly hurts people. I hope you can get your dad to find help and that your parents can somehow reconcile. There are resources out there - have you considered any? There are some YouTube videos I was watching recently about affairs and marriage counselling... I hope your family heals, hang in there and have faith!

User Profile: Meganjr
Meganjr OP February 6th, 2024

@habbymama hello there. it has been 2.5 years since I have made this post here and I'm just now returning back here to check on cups and people here. hope you are living a better life than the one you described here. yes its truly heart wrenching and nothing can sometimes be done. 
I'm a really changed person now and I really fought a lot for them but nothing ever helped them. Ultimately they only had to think this through and come to a decision. although it makes me feel really bad and sorry for them its their path and their decisions that can ultimately lead them somewhere. 
i hope you are better and now your son has a great life and also happy 3rd bday to him in advance! must be a smart boy like momma <3

load more
User Profile: snugglySugar9298
snugglySugar9298 February 8th, 2024

@Meganjr Hello! It is very good that you decided to share this with us. It sounds like you've been through some traumatic events and that you are a strong person.I am sure you have the power in you to get through this and help you dad with your patience and kindness.