Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Parents fight

User Profile: helpfulWatermelon9344
helpfulWatermelon9344 May 8th, 2022

Since the last few years the fight between my parents have increased a lot like it happens every second they and I fell that they are not kinds that they cannot resolve such small issues whenever I see my friend and my other relatives there parents are so good together they are so happy sometimes I fell like to leave everything and go out of this place

2

Hey @helpfulWatermelon9344, welcome to the community. ❤

Seeing our parents fighting all the time isn't a pleasant sight and I understand how horrific it is to be in an environment that lacks peace and decency.

Wanting to escape from such environment is understandable, we all need peace and some personal space to function and your feelings are valid, it is indeed quite upsetting and frustrating being in a situation like this. I would've wanted a safe space physically and emotionally for myself too.

Talking about how we feel and sharing the burden we carry might be helpful. Is there someone you could confide in perhaps a friend, some elder you trust and feel comfortable with?

I'm also very proud of you for reaching out for support in cups, and I sure hope you find some compassion and company here, a safe space for you to feel calm at.

Talking about calm though, is there something that helps you feel relaxed when the fights between your parents overwhelms you? Or something that you'd consider trying to distract yourself and feel connected within self, for instance listening to music, engaging in some kinda hobby, maybe going out for a walk?

When things are too overwhelming, I resort to going for a walk, while listening to music, really helps me calm down. And you deserve all the breaks, and engaging in self care, for your wellbeing also.

I really hope things get better for you at home and you find something that helps you keep grounded. Hang in there, okie? ❤

User Profile: margo03
margo03 May 8th, 2022

Hello there a lot of parents fight nowadays and its truly upsetting and irritating my parents do as well but keep remembering that's it's not your fault and you cant control it but help them however you can .Have you tried meditating listening to music or doing something that helps you ignore what's goin on and makes you feel better ? I know it's hard right now but I hope and pray that things get better for you and you're family💜