Should we value time?
Every single thing in the universe is affected by time. Whether it’s a tulip, human, or a star, all things gradually age and eventually decay as time progresses. The speed of that decay can vary, but material things aren’t eternal and will eventually end.
As humans, we are aware of the three stages of time – the past, the present, and the future. We can use the past to learn and we can prepare for the future, but the present is the only space we have to work in. Research shows that being more mindful of what’s going on right now and living in the present benefits both mental and physical health.
Speaking of the past and the future, a person’s perspective of these two times has a big impact on their happiness and peace of mind. Many of us spend a lot of time ruminating on the past or worrying about the future. If we are able to let go of the past and what can’t be changed, and look ahead in the unknown with hope instead of fear, we would feel a lot happier and calmer.
Q) Would you consider time to be 'unfair'?
Q) Does time make us a better person?
Thank you for attending the discussion! :D

@ashlyntheordinary
Q) Would you consider time to be 'unfair'? Sometimes I think time is unfair because it passes by so quickly. I think the best way to make time seem more fair is to live in the present, being mindful of the steps we take in reaching a goal rather than narrow the focus of out attention on the goal only. Taking time to enjoy the moment rather than wishing time would go faster or slower.
Q) Does time make us a better person? I do. I think time gives perspective, can help us heal, and, hopefully, bring wisdom.
That's a very wise way of thinking and you're absolutely right! Thinking about the past and future will end up consuming our present. Making most of the time you have now will help you really shape your future. So our present is very important in terms of time and growth~ Yes! It actually does~ :D I feel like through time, we gain the ability to grow as a person! Thank you for joining in on the discussion~ ;") <3
@ashlyntheordinary
Thank you for this wonderful post!
The concept of time and how it means different things to different people is something I have thought about many times in the past. It seems to me that people who are younger feel as if time drags on and on. A year for someone who is quite young truly is for them a huge portion of their life and so this is very understandable.
For someone that is much older, a year seems to pass by quickly and many times too quickly. I can only imagine that perhaps it's because they have had so many years to look back upon. And maybe knowing that the life span is only but so long. Maybe the feelings of time is running out, much more to accomplish? Not really sure about all of it. But I really do think it's interesting.
As for me, I see time as one of my most valueable assets. It's the one thing in life you can't get back. When it's gone, it's gone. It's not like money, something you could potentially get more of. I also like the concept of love. It's the one thing in life that the more of it you give away, the more you get in return. 
That's a beautiful way of putting it and I honestly couldn't have said it better. Time truly means different for different people and it's something you can never get back. But in a way, it makes us strong and learn from our mistakes while accepting ourselves as we are. I guess our younger selves would complain about our parents being strict but as we grow older, we miss them being strict on us xD It's quite funny when put like that. I absolutely adore your take on love. It truly is magically and special in it's own way~ Thank you for sharing your thoughts! <3 :D
@ashlyntheordinary
*high fives*
and big *hugs*
Many thanks! I also enjoyed your response! I could not agree with you more! I think that was truly the best way to flesh it all out and drag that concept completely home! Well said my friend, well said! 