Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Toxic parents and family.

User Profile: exuberantTalker9747
exuberantTalker9747 November 12th, 2023

My parents and family are toxic and abusive, every morning they have arguments about very small things or nothing. It is so hard to be happy there, no matter how I wake up in morning most of the time they spoil my moods, I don't feel happy there, I don't know they just don't know how to be happy, I think. I have some time when they don't argue or fight but it's most of the time they become angry or irritating even when they were happy. Sometimes it's so sad to see them being like that everytime and I feel ashamed to see parents of my friend or other people, that I have this type of people in my home, it's very less time when there is love in home. My younger sister is 25 year old, and she is kinda toxic too, one moment she is happy and next moment she will start

Fighting with you intensely. Sometimes I don't feel like home at my home. Sometimes it's so unbearable, most of my time goes in thinking of it or trying to be safe from these dramas and sometimes it spoils my whole day too.

Today there is festival here and people are expecting to be happy but I don't know in moment like this they just always have fight or something and now again I don't know what to do. It's not that big fight or anything but this is not love either and moment like this is expected to celebrate together but they make it worse on every festival and then they get together and it feels so unreal and cringe then, I just don't want to do it.

I didn't know whom to tell this, so I am sharing here.

2
User Profile: TareqRafiqul
TareqRafiqul November 16th, 2023

Hello, I am sorry for your situation. Please remember that there are things that we can not change. You need to be strong when you feel sad. Do not overthink about it. Focus more on your life and happiness. 

I wish you good luck.